Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2010
For Sale

1. 24v 12Ah LiFePo4 battery, with Charger of your choice {5Amp or 2Amp}

2. 36v 10Ah LiFePo4 battery {No charger available}

3. 24v 350w {15Amp} Internally Geared Ananda Hub Motor in 20" Wheel

4. 36v 700w Hub Motor, Direct Drive.

Item Details:

The batteries are home-made, I have a tab welder which I use to weld the cells up into parallel strips and then finish the strips into series, to complete the battery. The welding and the soldering is all my own work. I will be finishing each battery with very thin copper strips, to lower the resistance and to help conductivity.

The cells involved here were the 18650 A123 cells being sold on Ebay- I spent all summer buying these in small quantities to avoid paying customs on them. It took a while to get enough to make the two batteries but make them I did.

Here is what they look like during construction.

The cells are widely regarded as being 2nd rate A123 cells. I make no guarantee for the brilliance of these cells or otherwise....but they are A123, even other sellers of A123 will confirm this. How many cycles you will get out of them....hard to know. Maybe 1000, maybe more.

I would be sure that the pack is as well put together by myself as it is by any other seller of this stuff on ebay, and it isnt sitting on a boat for 6 weeks, for £70 quid shipping and all. I do the welding with my welder, connect the cells with hot-melt, and fill in the gaps with hot melt. The pack will be finished with duct tape and insulation tape, as duct-tape actually conducts electricity.

I also use a better type of wire than the stiff junk that comes on the batteries from China. I use a flexible 6mm2 wire with blue insulation. I wrap the wire in black and red insulation tape so its really well finished.

Both batteries have a full BMS fitted for their protection.

There is no charger for the 36v version but there is for the 24v version, a brand new VPower charger which charges at a rate of 5Amps, there is also another one which is a bit slower.

The Wheels: The Ananda 24v 15Amp wheel is brand new, and is down the bike shop right now being laced into a 20" rim, brand new spokes, brand new rim, by a professional bike builder. Very similar to this motor:

The other wheel is a "Cammy" wheel, it was my own wheel for a while before the controller broke. I sent the controller to a guy in England who replaced two of the Mosfets in the controller with IRFB 4110s and it spins fine now.

DSCN3889 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSCN3888 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is going into a 26" wheel. It needs some work on the phase wires but I will be undertaking this as soon as the hub comes back from the shop.

Controller is an Infineon based controller, 36v 700w rated but I have pulled 900+ watts out of this peak from a 20Ah duct-tape pack which uses the cheapo round cells, since sold. Comes with a key-start type thing

Anybody who is interested in these items is free to contact me here or @ flyingirishman44@hotmail.com. I will be listing these items on Ebay in due course and then people will be free to check out my feedback. I have sold stuff before, including hubs and batteries, all 100% feedback.

All serious offers will be entertained. As stated, some work remains to be done on the items so I am just putting this out here 1 week or so in advance so people can have time to ask questions and get the heads up. Suffice to say there will be significant savings in money and time on shipping etc as these items are in Ireland, not China.

Thanks for reading.