Mountain-bike style hub motor bike x2

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Mountain-bike style hub motor bike x2 (No longer available)

These two bikes are no longer for sale.

I got these two bikes back in June from a friend who moved into a 3rd floor flat and no longer had anywhere to store them. I hadn't cycled for 15 years before I got these but the coaxed me back into with regular trips down the local bridleways to the pub. Over the course of a couple of months I started doing longer and longer journeys and was enjoying myself more and more. I decided that I was enjoying e-biking around the countryside so much that I bought myself a Kalkhoff. As such, I now want to get rid of these ones because I don't ride them anymore. Both bikes are identical. Both have done less than 200 miles since new. One of them only came out of the box in June. I was tempted to get some Lithium batteries to replace the current lead-acid ones as these bikes are a bit on the heavy side currently.. but I'm no longer inclined to do that upgrade as I have the Kalkhoff now instead.

I'm looking for £175 each for them...
Happy to sell individually or as a pair
Test rides welcome in Warlingham, Surrey.
Collection Only... Cash accepted.

Here's the Specs...
36V 8AH Sealed Lead Acid battery packs (Range 12-20 miles)
36V 1.5A Lightweight Switchmode Charger
Wan Lian Hub Motor 200W (I think.. though may be a 250W.. The writing on the motor is behind the sprocket where I can't see it)
36V, 15A Controller Module (Max Output 540W)
6-speed Shimano gears
Throttle control on Left Hand (more about this below), 6-speed gears on the right.
Pedelec Sensor
Disc Brakes (Front & Rear)
Front and dual-rear lights (run from main battery.)
Suspension front forks
Suspension in the middle too
Flip-up seat (for easy battery removal)
Rear tubes have been 'slimed' to stop punctures - Seems to have worked.

The throttle control is fitted upside-down on the left hand side of the handlebars - They came this way from the factory. Also in the box straight from the factory they included a left-handed gear shift so that the throttle can be swapped to the right.. but the left-handed shifter they supplied seems to be a 12-speed, whereas the gears are only 6. I never got around to even attempting to swap the throttle around - The pedelec sensor means you don't need to hold the throttle open all the time anyway and it's just as easy to twist it away from you anyway.

I never fitted the mudguards.. or the bells... or the left-hand gear shifters.
2 x 36V 1.5A charger
6 x spare handlebar grips.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Judging by the lovely article Blew-It posted about his ride around rural Swindon, it seems that the going e-bay price for these is as little as £100 each.... so.. I'm dropping the asking price accordingly... £100 each if anyone wants them.

siggah5

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 21, 2008
little belters

Hi Fecn

Are the wee ones still for sale ? Definataly worth an upgrade.:cool:

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Hi Sopht and Siggah5,

I'm afraid these are no longer for sale. One of them went to a friend of mine in Stoke-on-Trent and I've decided to keep the other one for now and bolt a better battery on it.

Thanks for your interest.

Fecn.