Mounting Lipos

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

A couple of days ago, somebody was asking about how to mount lipos on his bike. I suggested the front mini panniers. A while ago, I sold my Xofo kit to the guy that services my van. His hobby is R/C stuff, so he had plenty of lipos. Anyway, today, I went to pick up my van from service and his bike was there, so I took a couple of photos. That makes a really neat light-weight battery solution:

20150306_160629.jpg

20150306_160716.jpg

20150306_160651.jpg

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
It's always neater when it's lightweight.

Any decent bike bag can be used.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
That was me d8veh, thanks for taking the time to take the photo's.
You recommended that exact bag and I bought one to try. I was unable to get my 6s 6a in though and have been waiting for 5s 5.8a to come into stock. Having seen these photos I will try again.
Do you know if he secures the bag on permanently by some more secure method?
Would I need to use waterproof connectors for all weather use or being dc I should be ok with xt60?
It looks good.

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know how the bag is held on. If it were mine, I'd keep all the wires and connectors inside the bags and just have the power wires coming out to the controller, which should them be waterproof. His packs are quite large. I'd say the same size as my 6Ah ones. There seemed to be plenty of room for them.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I purchased exactly the same crossbar bag last year hoping to put two 6S 5Ah Turnigy packs in each side, but it would only hold one. I ended up butchering it, retaining the phone holder part and sewed on a couple of larger padded camera bags to suit my own needs.

Last edited: