My bum hurts

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Just a tip, might not work for you, but I stopped a saddle cover from slipping about by using a generous amount of blue tack under it.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

bobtail

Just Joined
Mar 14, 2017
essex
Just a tip, might not work for you, but I stopped a saddle cover from slipping about by using a generous amount of blue tack under it.
Sounds like a plan, and one I didn't think of. I'll give it a go if it starts to work loose on the new saddle.
Cheers.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
A high quality carbon seatpost flexes slightly and helps absorb the vibration,also larger tyres have more air volume and with slightly lower pressure this give a better ride.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Tony, just wanted to thank you for your original post. Lidl have these on offer again and after reading your comments I took a chance on the trekking model and I'm glad I did. Not that £7.99 is too much of a risk. My old saddle took all the weight in the middle, not under my sit bones, so wasn't great. I'd bought a shapely 'gel' cover from Lidl and that helped but it slipped about a lot on the shiny saddle and was far from perfect. The Wittkkop felt a bit solid in the shed so I added the cover and took it for a 35 mile run. Brilliant! It was only my third ride of the year and by far the longest but I wasn't walking like John Wayne afterwards. The cover fits better and stayed put and the combination - mainly down to the saddle I think - was really comfortable, kept me in place and gave much better support. A huge improvement. So thanks for your recommendation. As has been said, everyone's backside is different, but this works well enough for me and you can't argue with that price.
Glad it's worked for you as well :)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
recently bought an XDuro. Love the bike but the saddle is not too comfy.

What nice comfy saddle do people recommend for a slightly overweight 40 something with a bad back?
Gel saddles are great. Suspension seatposts go really well with them. Without one, the gel will have to work really hard. Watch how the suspension seatposts, in this video, really smooth out your ride over rough ground.

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
I thought all saddles were uncomfortable unless you ride them frequently. I have the same saddle on all my bikes but if I ever go a couple of weeks without a decent ride I know about it.

Reactions: LeighPing