My Cube Reaction race 500 has developed a tick whilst riding it...

Ianh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 30, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve covered 380 miles in a few weeks on my lovely ebike and it’s developed a ticking sound when I’m riding it..... I’ve returned it now twice to Evans cycles, and they’ve test driven it...and 3 different mechanics have puzzled over it,they’ve tightened up the cassette and all the nuts and bolts, the speed of the ticking noise seems to be at the same as the revolution of the wheel...and They’ve been unable to rectify it....
Anyone else had the same problem?
Uber annoying both to me and whoever I’m riding with...

andrewgardner

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2009
I’ve covered 380 miles in a few weeks on my lovely ebike and it’s developed a ticking sound when I’m riding it..... I’ve returned it now twice to Evans cycles, and they’ve test driven it...and 3 different mechanics have puzzled over it,they’ve tightened up the cassette and all the nuts and bolts, the speed of the ticking noise seems to be at the same as the revolution of the wheel...and They’ve been unable to rectify it....
Anyone else had the same problem?
Uber annoying both to me and whoever I’m riding with...
If it is every revolution when you are peddeling it could be a slack bottom bracket.

Ianh

Jun 30, 2018
Cardiff
It’s clickin when I’m free wheeling... I’ll try and tighten the bottom bracket, thanks

Ianh

Jun 30, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve tightened everything.... and it’s still clicking in time to each wheel revolution

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Brake rotor ?

Ianh

Jun 30, 2018
Cardiff
Problem solved!!
It was a bearing in the rear wheel... bearings changed and repacked with grease!!!
Silence!! ...... well just the whir of motor and chain doing their thing!
Thanks for all your suggestions!!

Reactions: Fat Rat