My Ebike

Kyle Black Forest

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 27, 2018
Hello all, I built my bike nearly 6 years ago now, still on the original motor, controller and batteries. I bought a 1000w Risunmotor kit and mounted to a Focus Black forest 3.0 2013 model.
I bought two 36v 16.25ah batteries from a German manufacturer and mounted them in Roswheel Attack bags.
I just needed to post something here to share my love for my bike, people ask "why don't you get a motorbike?", once you've rode an e-bike that can put a smile on your face there is no requirement for a motorbike.
I am an electrical engineer and would like to start distributing/modifying/supporting electric bike kits, i will upload some pictures of my diy ebike if anybody is interested?

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Kyle Black Forest

Sep 27, 2018
Jeez Kyle, that's some battery. Bet you're not lifting that over any gates:eek:
haha it’s funny you say that, I have a rear seat for my little boy (4 next month) and I was extremely impressed that I managed to lift him and the bike over the low gates for accessing trails.
Definitely not an overhead job!

Kyle Black Forest

Sep 27, 2018
I have just ordered a 250w rear hub conversion kit, I will keep my original batteries, I will swap out as soon as it arrives and no longer use my bike in the meantime.

Lucifer656

Banned
May 1, 2020
That's not an ebike, it's an electric moped. I don't like de restricted 250's but with a 1000w motor you're taking the ****. You're friends are right, buy a motor bike and stop breaking the law.

• Disagree
Reactions: Amoto65

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I have just ordered a 250w rear hub conversion kit, I will keep my original batteries, I will swap out as soon as it arrives and no longer use my bike in the meantime.
Good luck with your new kit; I'm sure you won't regret it.

Tarka

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2019
Not all laws are the same in every country.
I wish all the 'holier then thou's' types would think twice before posting and making fools of themselves.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's fine pointing out legalities of using kits or derestricting, but if posters are unhappy with someone doing so there is no need to use abuse or ***** language to express ones self. If unhappy with someone and posters can't remain polite then they should refrain from replying. It is up to the individual as to what route he/she wishes to take.