Nasty pothole

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Pot holes are pr1cks.

We went for a lovely meal on Fri evening, it's approx 1m from where we live, hit a feckin massive hot pole in the dark on GWR near Hyndland (front offside), judging by the bump we got.

Front tire less than 6 months old shredded...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Pot holes are pr1cks.

We went for a lovely meal on Fri evening, it's approx 1m from where we live, hit a feckin massive hot pole in the dark on GWR near Hyndland (front offside), judging by the bump we got.

Front tire less than 6 months old shredded...
Nasty. What's the tyre type? Does Schwalbe make Marathon Plus for cars? Perhaps pothole-proof car tyres are a growing market.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Unfortunately not, no magic green gel like I have on my ebike! ;-)

I had a M5 on the drive for a cpl weeks (long story), about 15yrs ago. Second time I took it out I got a puncture so used the cannister of gel/foam from boot....it got me home....but I did't realise that it fecks the tire and so you need to buy a new one....£240 if I remember correctly....

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Report potholes here;

The more potholes that are dated and reported, the easier it is to recover costs for damages to you bike (or body).

"Drivers who drive over potholes warned to expect car insurance price hike
The number of potholes has risen by 24 per cent since 2020, but council payouts to drivers are down 13 per cent, according to new figures."