NCM Milano throttle conversion?

Hot House

Just Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Hi has anybody added a throttle onto one of these?
A good road bike but would really benefit from a throttle of road.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi has anybody added a throttle onto one of these?
A good road bike but would really benefit from a throttle of road.
Probably the cheapest way to do it is to replace the controller. I think Das KIT have special software in theeir LCDs, and last I heard, they reverse all the connectors so that you can't use standard parts directly. A new controller would give a better power control system and the freedom to set everything how you want, including the Speed. We normally recommend KT controllers with LCD, though you can use any of their LCDs with it. Cost is about £80.

Hot House

Just Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Probably the cheapest way to do it is to replace the controller. I think Das KIT have special software in theeir LCDs, and last I heard, they reverse all the connectors so that you can't use standard parts directly. A new controller would give a better power control system and the freedom to set everything how you want, including the Speed. We normally recommend KT controllers with LCD, though you can use any of their LCDs with it. Cost is about £80.
Thanks, what parts would I need and are they available as a kit?
If yes where from?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks, what parts would I need and are they available as a kit?
If yes where from?
You have to pull out your controller to see what wires and connectors it has, or you can simply adapter your wiring to any controller. Are you OK with soldering and changing connectors?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes, I can do that..
The only thing you need to figure out is whether you need a motor extension cable or an extension for the PAS. Is your controller located at the bottom of the downtube or in the frame above the battery?

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
You can raise the power cut-off to ca. 35km/h and fit a throttle which will take you to the cut-off speed for under £10, of which £7 will be spent on the thumb throttle! Do try this before getting involved with an expensive new controller and the headaches associated with wiring. I have responded to your pm Hot House.

Hot House

Just Joined
Apr 10, 2020
The only thing you need to figure out is whether you need a motor extension cable or an extension for the PAS. Is your controller located at the bottom of the downtube or in the frame above the battery?
Controller being the finned box then its at the bottom of downtube

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Controller being the finned box then its at the bottom of downtube
That's easier then. You can use one of these. Check the size will fit in the compartment. Compare it with the size of your existing one. I think this one is the smallest size, so you should be OK:

If you have the money, it's always worth changing to a KT controller, regardless of anything else. They're so much better than Santroll, LiShui and the one you have. Everything is simpler than yours and it works better.