NCM PARIS MAX N8R

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
I've seen a few suggestions that the Paris model is worth considering, and wondered what opinions are about this one .. the bike, the components, or the company.

It seems to have what I want, but I have a few concerns. They won't actually take credit card payment, and the advertised price goes up by £138+ as soon as you select a colour option. I also hear bad things about customer service, and non standard spares .. whether bad enough to justify 2x the cost for a Tern vektron or KTM Macina folder is not obvious.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It uses the Bafang Maxdrive system. I'd be surprised if they reversed the connectors on that one like they did on some other bikes, so spare parts would be readily available from anywhere.

Personally, I thing the concept of that motor system on a bike like that is wrong. It looks like it has 45 deg drop-outs at the back to adjust the chain with no locks, so there's the possibilities that not only will you be adjusting the wheel regularly to keep the chain tensioned, but there's a danger of it slipping. I can't see any advantage of using motors like that, and I can see plenty of disadvantages. I think you'd be much better off with a rear hub-motor bike.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Problem is I want hub gears, so a rear hub motor is not an option, but thanks for the input.
I think the type of gears is insignificant compared with the type of motor and the effect it has on your ride. Even a front motor isn't so bad on a 20" wheeled folder.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
If it's the issue with credit card, just pay via Paypal (using your credit car) and get it from their ebay store

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I have looked at their hub-motor models, and you seem to get a lot for your money but, like you, I cannot find out much about spares etc. The only review I can find is on YouTube from a German man. Probably a very nice bloke, but I don't speak German! Nothing on EBR. I did not know they did hub gears, but I would not want the battery on the back. That is true about the chain adjustment - bit suspect.

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
If it's the issue with credit card, just pay via Paypal (using your credit car) and get it from their ebay store

You lose all credit card protection if you buy with a credit card via paypal. See