Nearly an e-Bike? efoldi.co.uk

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Hi Colin, its good to see that you are doing your homework on eFOLDi, its a very good machine and if bought your money would not be wasted, I don’t remember having read anything about it not being waterproof but lets face it - its not a boat (sorry) In my opinion there is nothing to be worried about if caught in a rain shower, of course the wheels and chassis would get wet and can be dried off later when convenient, the battery is housed in a dedicated compartment at the rear of the machine which has drainage holes in its base in case any moisture were to get in which is most unlikely because A. The battery is very close fitted especially to deter moisture and B. The compartment is shielded from above by the backrest and the mini ‘holdall’ attached to it.
IF any moisture were to remain within the battery housing/box it is a simple matter to remove it after removing the battery using a wash leather, job done. You say that your intention would be to keep iFOLDi in house when not in use, in which case normal ambient temperature would be sufficient to keep the battery box dry.

On the matter of registration..... This is really not so difficult as I might have made it sound, just follow my directions for completing DVLA Form V55/4 completing ONLY those parts of the form that apply, LEAVE THE REST EMPTY.

You do NOT NEED A DRIVING LICENCE so you have no worries here, just collect completed Form V55/4, Certificate of Newness, a copy of eFOLDi User Manual P23 Technical Specifications, plus a copy of USER MANUAL Front Page, put them all in an envelope and send to DVLA SWANSEA SA99 1BE . Do NOT send any money because registration of a Class 3 Invalid Carriage is FREE.
JOB DONE.

DVLA will send the V5 Registration document to you in about three weeks.
You might wish to save yourself an extra £100 by contacting EFOLDi via http://www.efoldi.com/jwills1893
If you have any other questions I would be pleased to help.

PS. Can’t understand last sentence

Jim

Last edited:

islandman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 14, 2019
Thanks for making contact Jim. Since joining, I have joined again with the user name islandman and have "targeted" you elsewhere, so there could be confusion.

Anyway, I've viewed and saved endless YouTube videos so know more than a bit of basic info. I'm currently snatching ten mins before I go back to shed. But felf I wanted to acknowledge your return post.

Living here, with long wide prom, wide paths, no hills, it is ideal, but my soddin legs need constant rest.

I think after dinner, I will go through the videos to refresh myself. Is there any aspect of the ifoldi that you would have different. Catch you later and thanks. Colin

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Hi again Colin, you ask ‘is there any aspect that I would have different’

In one of my earlier replies I mentioned the addition of a dog collar as a security strap placed around the folded handlebar, this is all that I have added because in my opinion the machine is otherwise perfect - and I mean this! There is NOTHING ELSE THAT I WOULD CHANGE.

I hope you enjoy reviewing the videos because small and petite though the iFOLDi is its just what has been wanted by many people for years, I have larger mobility scoots that do the same job BUT they don't fold or transport very easily and they are heavy into the bargain unlike the eFOLDi which weighs just 17Kg ready to go.

Just one thing Colin, you talk of a ‘long wide prom’ so you live in or close to SALTY SEA AIR, salt can create corrosion so regular washing with warm soapy water and dried off with leather would be essential in my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: islandman

islandman

Apr 14, 2019
Hi again Colin, you ask ‘is there any aspect that I would have different’

In one of my earlier replies I mentioned the addition of a dog collar as a security strap placed around the folded handlebar, this is all that I have added because in my opinion the machine is otherwise perfect - and I mean this! There is NOTHING ELSE THAT I WOULD CHANGE.

I hope you enjoy reviewing the videos because small and petite though the iFOLDi is its just what has been wanted by many people for years, I have larger mobility scoots that do the same job BUT they don't fold or transport very easily and they are heavy into the bargain unlike the eFOLDi which weighs just 17Kg ready to go.

Jim
yes Jim, the first thing I noted was the weight. I compared to to 23kg or 25 kg, can't remember which, but that was the weight of our cabin luggage when we went back/forth to our daughter in Cyprus, so when you are able to make comparisons like that, its easier. I had noted your gog collar comment, thanks.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Having removed the packaging I have to say that this product has been made to the highest standard seen for many years, its CE’d throughout and the instruction book is a pure wonder printed on 150g photographic paper on 24 pages with copious quality photographs of assembly procedure.

I have to say I’m a bugger for quality and this product exhudes it everywhere one looks, I’ve been a keen motorcyclist most of my 81 years and still have four beauties in the garage - with this efoldi machine I have to add another!

Because of my difficulty in moving I have to rely heavily on forms of electric transport - very heavily in fact, yesterday (before arrival of the efoldi) I tried to walk around a garden centre and pretty well collapsed in pain during the walk, if only I’d had my efoldi machine I would have avoided all the pain....

This may sound like a recommendation, well perhaps it is - using the following address could save you another £100 off: http://www.efoldi.com/JWills1893 , this is a special offer made by efoldi.

Its just a bloody good product and well worth its cost.
One of the beauties is that unlike a pedelec one would never leave it parked outside, - just quickly fold it turning it into a very portable trolley suitcase, hand tow it around a supermarket, put it on a bus or train as hand luggage - or even an aeroplane, everything is covered.

I predict that once known this machine will go far in popularity.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Rain on these iFOLDi scoots is not a problem because the battery compartment is pretty well sealed while the compartment itself has drainage holes just in case any liquid should pass the seals. The battery compartment is further protected from splashing by being covered by a water resistant zipped pouch attached to the backrest.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
src='https://i.postimg.cc/t18gx0h1/083-B3-E21-16-C4-4-DC2-893-B-5524-D179-C2-C5.jpg' border='0' alt='083-B3-E21-16-C4-4-DC2-893-B-5524-D179-C2-C5'/></a>

The photo shows the handelbar in its folded position retained soley by a magnet, if the h/bar is knocked the magnet holding power is reduced which can cause the h/bar to fall and contact the rear of one’s lower leg while the iFOLDi is being pulled along; to add security attach a 10.5” long leather dog collar around the frame where green label is and right side of handlebar.

Jim

Last edited:

islandman

Apr 14, 2019
Hi Jim, sorry for not responding. Had family here over Easter. They decided it might be an idea to sell up and move to bungalow so that sort of occupied our time. Decision not made yet but after they had gone, my wife used the expression "when you have a scooter etc", so hey, I think we could be on the way. The best bit is that she also said that she could have one as well!!!!!!!!

I've noted your photo and because she doesn't know anything about the internet, will collect your posts and print them off so she can have a read. Will keep you posted.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Islandman, I know that these things cost money which is often scarce but for both of you to have an iFOLDi would be ideal, the same thoughts crossed my mind before I purchased then I thought about it - me tearing off down the road and leaving wife behind. NO ......so I bought two and am glad that I did, so now we’re both happy.

Jim

islandman

Apr 14, 2019
Oddly enough, whilst I am of the opinion that both of us will or could have one each, for today, we have the house being valued!!!! all a bit sudden, but, the last time this happened, our daughter arranged for a valuation and within five days it was sold. But I'm assured, it won't happen like that this time, we need more time. The fact that we are looking for a bungalow, makes it specific and more difficult. As for two efoldi's, I'm sure that won't be s problem. Will kerp you posted, but must ensure we are spic and span.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Spick and Span ? What’s that - you should see ours - everything in its own place where neither of us can find anything! Spent 24 hours looking for a set of micro spanners - found them today packed with one of my model locos!

Two weeks ago BE (Before eFOLDi) Catherine suggested we look around a garden centre, they are big places, and before I was half way round I was wishing for an ambulance as I was almost on the floor with chest pains, the eFOLDi’s are going to change both our lives for the better, its one place where we make our own decisions. Ie. We alone control our own lives.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
I don’t go near facebook or other social media.

Eszter Foldi is nothing whatever to do with the iFOLDi company.
DON’T GET CONNED!

Jim

Last edited:

islandman

Apr 14, 2019
What I picked up was a question about seat height, it seems it is 17"from ground, they gave same height as dining chair as example. Someone commented about middle bar and how it could get on the way of some disabled people with limited mobility issues and the pointed out that none of the videos actually showed that process.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
I’m sure you will get all the answers to future questions from facebook.......
I’m very happy with ours. END.

JIM

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
After using our eFOLDi’s for three weeks I find that perhaps there is just one more thing that could be added to make life more comfortable when pulling the machine along in ‘suitcase’ mode, the pulling bracket (which doubles as seat legs) could do with having an extension of about four inches (100mm) to save my heels becoming graized through contact with the trolley underside, viewing earlier videos I see that this Was once fitted but has since been discontinued, as a personal view I believe it should be reinstated thus ensuring heels of longer legged folk are kept well away from the machine.

The machine has certainly been the subject of curiosity during use, its unique foldability having facinated many in crowded waiting areas at hospitals, quite apart from lengthy journeys between car parks and main hospital buildings journeys between internal departments have amounted to an astonishing one mile per journey!

Stowage of the eFOLDi has been tried in both our Smart City and SUV respectively, in the Smart the iFOLDi sits on the passenger seat and is restrained by the normal seat belt, in the SUV the eFOLDi’s both sit in either side of the rear compartment each being restrained by a strap secured between a wheelarch anchor point and similar at rear each side. Although at 17 Kg the eFOLDi is light enough for able bodied persons to lift I usually place both units on the ground - but first having a few puffs of my GTN spray to assist relief of my heart condition.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This just came up on Facebook. Very cheap!

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
What is said is absolutely true of the iFOLDI - except that iFOLDi also has road lights, indicators + 4 way hazard lights and brake lights, it only takes about 15 seconds to unfold ready for the road,. if anyone would like one this link could save an extra £100 : www.eFOLDi.com/jwills1893

The two that I bought are performing wonderfully in their role chiefly as hospital transport both within and outside hospital buildings. We carry two in our SUV and can still use the back seats but could still add another....
They each weigh 17Kg and are easy to install or remove from car.

What you show vfr is not the iFOLDI which in my opinion is far superior to the item shown which is shown as available in America.

Jim

Last edited:

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
I'm looking into the new eFoldi for my partner.

Jim, how does their referral scheme work with your link? Do you get commission?

efoldi

Jun 30, 2019
Hi everyone, we found this thread and saw there's a lot of discussion about eFOLDi (referred to as 'iFOLDi' but this isn't us!).

I also noticed quite a few of you are backers for our latest eFOLDi Lite campaign now on Kickstarter (this is eFOLDi Mark 2.0), so if you have any questions about it or any questions about eFOLDi in general - feel free to let us know here or directly!

Thanks