Nearly an e-Bike? efoldi.co.uk

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Hi Stringsonfire, It’s nice to see your interest in iFOLDi and note your interest in their referral scheme that can save a purchaser £100 (per machine). So far as I’m aware no one has used my referral link, or if they have I have not been contacted by the company so I have to say NO to personal commission unless I subsequently hear otherwise.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Good day eFOLDi people, firstly I must apologise for mis-spelling your company’s name on May 15th, I am normally one who appreciates correct spelling, when called on the phone I always replace the receiver when any caller addresses me as Mr Willis.

As you might gather I have nothing but praise for your eFOLDi product and recommend it to all who like my wife and I have mobility problems.

Just after purchase of your two scooters I had a small (different) problem with each of them and contacted your office at Redhill who said to send both scooters back to them (in their original boxes) with prepaid labels supplied. Even with a Bank Holiday in between the scooters were returned back home seven days later, - not only that but two completely new scooters were received - complete with my previously added safety straps which demonstrated to me that the company listen to their customers.

To date my wife and I have used the scooters for their most important job of transferring us between hospital car parks and main hospitals covering distances of between 1/4 and 1/2 mile externally - and again similar distances within the hospitals as well as journeys around garden centres, one thing that becomes very clear to us is that without the eFoldi’s both of us would be well and truly housebound;

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: efoldi

efoldi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 30, 2019
Hi Jim,

Thank you for commenting and your high praise! I'd love to use your testimonial on our next newsletter if that's ok?

To everyone else who are new to eFOLDi, we've launched the Mark 2.0 now on Kickstarter, so I'd love your thoughts on what we're doing:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/efoldi/efoldi-lite-award-winning-electric-folding-scooter

- Right now we're offering 50% off the MSRP, with limited numbers left (Currently only 5 available with 45 sold).

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Erratum: From time to time in my later posts I have referred to the scoot as an iFOLDi product - this is of course WRONG and should read eFOLDi in every case, my appologies to all for my stupidity in mis-spelling.

Jim

Reactions: efoldi

efoldi

Jun 30, 2019
Erratum: From time to time in my later posts I have referred to the scoot as an iFOLDi product - this is of course WRONG and should read eFOLDi in every case, my appologies to all for my stupidity in mis-spelling.

Jim
No problem! Also we've restarted our eFOLDi Facebook group, so would like to invite you to participate:

Thanks

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Sorry - I won’t compete with any social media platform but in whatever other way I can I offer my support to your enterprise.

Jim

Last edited:

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
While we continue to enjoy our eFOLDi scooters we are having a problem which could limit their usefulness, these scooters are Class 3 jobs capable of speeds up to 8 mph which means that they can be used on roads - but they MUST be registered in the same way as motor vehicles and are issued with a registration number by DVLA. Being overly enthusiastic to use these scoots I lost no time in completing the necessary paperwork and returned same to DVLA for registration.
Unfortunately because both scoots had minor faults they were returned to eFOLDi for repair, said company, in their wisdom? Replaced BOTH scoots with new ones.... about 3 weeks after initial purchase registration documents for the original scoots was received from DVLA but they had to be returned because the registrations were now incorrect as scoots had been returned to eFOLDi.
Along with the new scoots was new paperwork including the vital ‘Certificates Of Newness’ which were again sent to DVLA together with the old (original) registration documents and a note describing the reason for return. 3 more weeks went by before I contacted DVLA asking for progress on my new registration applications, after 2 more weeks a letter from DVLA was received stating that fresh documentation was needed to register the two scoots — DVLA denied having received the new paperwork but had received the original Registration Documents for cancellation??? ( they had lost the new paperwork).

Now I begin to get agitated and try to contact eFOLDi on Friday 5/07/19 4 times that day getting only a recorded voice giving opening times and adding that everyone was busy. On the following Monday I got a call from a lady at eFOLDi where after explaining the position I asked for new copies of the ‘Certificates Of Newness’ so that I could again send them to DVLA with new applications for registration, no problem said the lady.... It is now Monday 15/7/19 again I have tried to contact eFOLDi and got the same recorded message! Perhaps they don’t work on Monday’s, maybe it’s Sports Day or something? But I am aware that using an UNREGISTERED Class 3 scoot is illegal - so I have to take steps to prevent their use!
Of course the scoots are (were) great but I can’t any longer say the same for eFOLDi service.

Jim

efoldi

Jun 30, 2019
While we continue to enjoy our eFOLDi scooters we are having a problem which could limit their usefulness, these scooters are Class 3 jobs capable of speeds up to 8 mph which means that they can be used on roads - but they MUST be registered in the same way as motor vehicles and are issued with a registration number by DVLA. Being overly enthusiastic to use these scoots I lost no time in completing the necessary paperwork and returned same to DVLA for registration.
Unfortunately because both scoots had minor faults they were returned to eFOLDi for repair, said company, in their wisdom? Replaced BOTH scoots with new ones.... about 3 weeks after initial purchase registration documents for the original scoots was received from DVLA but they had to be returned because the registrations were now incorrect as scoots had been returned to eFOLDi.
Along with the new scoots was new paperwork including the vital ‘Certificates Of Newness’ which were again sent to DVLA together with the old (original) registration documents and a note describing the reason for return. 3 more weeks went by before I contacted DVLA asking for progress on my new registration applications, after 2 more weeks a letter from DVLA was received stating that fresh documentation was needed to register the two scoots — DVLA denied having received the new paperwork but had received the original Registration Documents for cancellation??? ( they had lost the new paperwork).

Now I begin to get agitated and try to contact eFOLDi on Friday 5/07/19 4 times that day getting only a recorded voice giving opening times and adding that everyone was busy. On the following Monday I got a call from a lady at eFOLDi where after explaining the position I asked for new copies of the ‘Certificates Of Newness’ so that I could again send them to DVLA with new applications for registration, no problem said the lady.... It is now Monday 15/7/19 again I have tried to contact eFOLDi and got the same recorded message! Perhaps they don’t work on Monday’s, maybe it’s Sports Day or something? But I am aware that using an UNREGISTERED Class 3 scoot is illegal - so I have to take steps to prevent their use!
Of course the scoots are (were) great but I can’t any longer say the same for eFOLDi service.

Jim
Thanks Jim for the update. We take your praise in previous posts and recent dissappointment seriously.

I would say contacting on a Friday and then last week getting a call back on Monday is good service, but there seems to be a mix up with who you spoke to.

Can we take this offline, as it seems to be a mix of DVLA, waiting for repairs and then waiting for the Certificate of Newness.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
May be they are just too busy now and CS is slipping a little, I saw them advertised on national TV last week.

efoldi

Jun 30, 2019
May be they are just too busy now and CS is slipping a little, I saw them advertised on national TV last week.
No slipping! There are staff members who are now abroad promoting eFOLDi, but you're right we should of got on top of this sooner.

efoldi

Jun 30, 2019
Thanks Jim for the update. We take your praise in previous posts and recent dissappointment seriously.

I would say contacting on a Friday and then last week getting a call back on Monday is good service, but there seems to be a mix up with who you spoke to.

Can we take this offline, as it seems to be a mix of DVLA, waiting for repairs and then waiting for the Certificate of Newness.
Ok as a follow-up, could you call 020 3143 5168 (which is shown on our website) or email services@efoldi.com

I found out you called our 0800 sales number not the aftersales services number.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Thank you for your prompt reply, I’ll call you tomorrow.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
I’m now Prohibited Driving for 4 weeks - no eFOLDi?.....
30 June 19 saw me admitted to hospital for my long awaited procedure to fit more coronary stents to remedy my constant chest pains. Alas though damage has already been done over the six months wait. With the procedure completed I was allowed home on 3rd August with a ban on driving in place for four weeks, through the six months I’ve had to endure the pains my walking has been severely compromised to the point now where I have learn to walk over again which is likely to be a lengthy process.

It goes without saying that our two eFOLDi scooters will have to sit it the car until the latter can be used again - and possibly longer before
I can use my Batribike Quarts again.

I have to reaffirm our loyalty for the eFOLDi’s use of which for journeys between hospital car parks as well as into and about such premises are completely indespensible.

Jim

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Neil, I’m sure you’re right, I too observed that fact, it sure would save a lot of inconvenience but I’m happy with ours because they are well made into the bargain.
Registration is just another small hassle!
For extra discount contact www.eFOLDi.com/Jwills/1893.com

Jim

Last edited: