nec show

avronb

Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2011
Can someone tell me when they hold the cycle show at the NEC,and are e.bikes featured there to any great extent.
Brian

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Its the very end of september and yes, there were quite a lot of e-bikes there last year.
(27th -30th )

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

Electric bikes were well represented last year and I spent a very enjoyable day there;)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Avron....one of the problems with the NEC Cycle show is in the name NEC!...the NEC is the most expensive venue to exhibit and attend....whilst last year was well exhibited and reasonably attended it was for all of us a very expensive exercise,the cost being more than all the rest of Kudos's marketing budget for this year. This high cost is not the organisers fault it is just them having to pass on the cost of hiring the hall. Also parking and entrance fees tend to be high and that puts off some attendees.
I persuaded the organisers to have a corral style of layout where the test track and the sales booth are adjacent to each other,that way after a test ride you can return to your 'pit' and immediately adjacent is the sales bikes,last year we were all spread apart,they have responded to that.
I believe BEBA has negotiated a small discount for BEBA members,but it is still the most expensive bike show in Europe. We probably will attend in a much more modest way for it is the only show of it's type in the UK at present....would prefer the National Electric bike show at 10% of the cost but that never got going.
Dave
KudosCycles

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
Avron....one of the problems with the NEC Cycle show is in the name NEC!...the NEC is the most expensive venue to exhibit and attend....whilst last year was well exhibited and reasonably attended it was for all of us a very expensive exercise,the cost being more than all the rest of Kudos's marketing budget for this year. This high cost is not the organisers fault it is just them having to pass on the cost of hiring the hall. Also parking and entrance fees tend to be high and that puts off some attendees.
I persuaded the organisers to have a corral style of layout where the test track and the sales booth are adjacent to each other,that way after a test ride you can return to your 'pit' and immediately adjacent is the sales bikes,last year we were all spread apart,they have responded to that.
I believe BEBA has negotiated a small discount for BEBA members,but it is still the most expensive bike show in Europe. We probably will attend in a much more modest way for it is the only show of it's type in the UK at present....would prefer the National Electric bike show at 10% of the cost but that never got going.
Dave
KudosCycles
We done Gardeners World Live a few years ago and swore never to go back, even the campsites had put the prices up for that week, a total rip off

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Our other company,namely Rally Design,has a large stand at the NEC for the Autosports show every year,early January...at one time it was a family show,with Dad interested in race cars and wanting to show to his kids all the F1 cars....guys used to take their girlfriends who tried to look interested!!!
However of late it is now a dedicated enthusiasts show,to take a family there with entrance tickets,car parking,fuel to get there,entrance to the live action and food it's difficult to do the day for a family under £200....why does the NEC need to be so expensive,I rarely see a child at the show in recent years.
Dave
KudosCycles

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
We done Gardeners World Live a few years ago and swore never to go back, even the campsites had put the prices up for that week, a total rip off
Well, I had no problem camping in the carpark overnight in my motorhome.....very handy :D
Had a very enjoyable stay there.....

Lynda :)

Last edited:

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
We have been in communications and there will be much more to offer the consumer this year. A bigger track with wider corners, a ramp(!), pit area and a dedicated registration area for electric bicycles. Will be well worth a visit!