Need a light electric bike for below £1000

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
The Sport TS is about the same weight as the Burisch, the Sport CD is about 1kg heavier than the other two.
I'm just going by the tech specs on each of the websites, I haven't weighed any of them

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
I just thought, i would upgrade my existing bike with Oxydrive, Otherwise too many choices and confusing.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
By do do some sub 20 kg bikes the carbon race being about the lightest. With good range too.

To get an idea of potential range look at the watt hours of the battery. ( amps times volts). Ie 10*36= 360 watt hours about the current minimum.
The higher the better!

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
My first ebike was the greenedge cs2 but I moved job so had to upgrade . The cs2 is a fantastic runner but it's no Haibike lol if you want the cs2 cheaper I have one listed for sale only trouble is I can't deliver

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
My first ebike was the greenedge cs2 but I moved job so had to upgrade . The cs2 is a fantastic runner but it's no Haibike lol if you want the cs2 cheaper I have one listed for sale only trouble is I can't deliver
Thanks. Are you around london? If not, unfortunately, i wont be able to come and pick up. However it would be really helpful if you give your review on this bike.

What is your view on CS2 in regards to Components and performance? Did you have any issue with it so far? How long did you have it for?

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
Unfortunately I'm in the midlands never mind but il give you my verdict on the cs2 . I can't fault the bike . The components are good for a starter bike brakes work well discs front and back only issues I had was no mudguards and the kenda tyres fitted as standard didn't last long with a little off roading I would end up with 2-4 punctures a week after a few months they was shredded my fault as I didn't check on pressure . Upgraded to Continental Travel Contacts , slime in the tubes and keep regular check ups of tyre pressure I have had this bike since late September / early October 2014 and have clocked up 1800 miles on it all in all I would recommend the cs2 and ebikes directs customer service is top notch anything I missed please just ask . Damo

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Thanks Damo,
It was quiet helpful. Have you managed to ride uphill on this? How did you find? How is the mileage on battery?

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
Uphill is no problem I have tackled a fair few steep hills I used to struggle with on a normal mtb the battery is good but because I was doin 15 - 20 miles some days I would just top up charge at nights or I'd have to ride 5-10 miles without battery the following day on return home as they are rated for 25 miles ish