Need a very comfortable bike!

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Philippa...the Woosh Petite or Kudos Tempo...I suppose it depends on which one suits you,but both will do the job.
I would like you to try the Kudos Secret,I am 17 stone and it accepts my weight readily,the double height seat post allows it to suit riders from 5 ft to 6 ft.
The Kudos Sonata will fit your height,it's a lovely bike and has powerful BPM motor and hydraulic brakes,a bit more expensive but will give you an idea of the best available.
Where are you located?
I will try to find a dealer near you.
KudosDave

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott clarke

Philippa

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 18, 2015
Philippa...the Woosh Petite or Kudos Tempo...I suppose it depends on which one suits you,but both will do the job.
I would like you to try the Kudos Secret,I am 17 stone and it accepts my weight readily,the double height seat post allows it to suit riders from 5 ft to 6 ft.
The Kudos Sonata will fit your height,it's a lovely bike and has powerful BPM motor and hydraulic brakes,a bit more expensive but will give you an idea of the best available.
Where are you located?
I will try to find a dealer near you.
KudosDave
Thank you KudosDave - I live in Chester, is there a dealer near me?

Reactions: Scott clarke

Philippa

May 18, 2015
Update - I tried a Freego Regency 24" - it felt really good, exactly that feeling of being a kid again! So all the advice about 24" I think is spot on.
I didn't buy it as I find the style of it quite dreary, so I am going to see if I can try a Whoosh Petite and a Juicy Classic Click before I dive in and buy (I love the fact that these have the option of the higher mileage battery).
I will update when I have been for more trials. Many thanks one again for all the advice.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Update - I tried a Freego Regency 24" - it felt really good, exactly that feeling of being a kid again! So all the advice about 24" I think is spot on.
I didn't buy it as I find the style of it quite dreary, so I am going to see if I can try a Whoosh Petite and a Juicy Classic Click before I dive in and buy (I love the fact that these have the option of the higher mileage battery).
I will update when I have been for more trials. Many thanks one again for all the advice.
Looks like the Juicy bike is 26".

http://www.juicybike.co.uk/electric-bikes/classic-click-dutch-style-electric-bicycle

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Thanks - you are right!
Hi Philippa
At 5' 3" you'd be wise to try.
We have riders at 5ft who are very happy with their Classics, but these things are all about confidence and "feeling right".
In general, for road and trail, leisure use, it is always better to ride a bike with as large wheels as you can, without feeling unsafe. A larger wheel is more efficient too, as well as being more stable.
As a rider gets more used to a bike over time the tendency is to raise the saddle to allow a straighter leg when pedaling (which is more efficient and less stressful on the knees). Do make sure the bike you buy is one you can "grow into".

Philippa

May 18, 2015
Hi Philippa
We have riders at 5ft who are very happy with their Classics, but these things are all about confidence and "feeling right".
In general, for road and trail, leisure use, it is always better to ride a bike with as large wheels as you can, without feeling unsafe. A larger wheel is more efficient too, as well as being more stable.
As a rider gets more used to a bike over time the tendency is to raise the saddle to allow a straighter leg when pedaling (which is more efficient and less stressful on the knees). Do make sure the bike you buy is one you can "grow into".
Yes I will try one before I decide.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Hi Philippa
Nice try, Bob.

Actually I agree the OP may well be OK on a 26" wheel step through bike.

What you say about saddle height is also correct.

The height that feels right in the shop is usually found to be too low after a few rides.