Need an e bike for commuting in London

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The oxidrive kit linked to is nice, do they also do a legal one?
That would have better range too?
All the motors are rated at 250w and meet the requirements of EN15154, so they're as legal as any. By default, they're all limited to 15 .5 mph, but you can change a hidden setting in the LCD to change the speed limit. The larger motor has more torque, so it's better for hills and heavier riders. It can also sustain a higher speed when unrestricted. The smaller motor runs at slightly lower current, so has less power, but then the battery will take you further. I would say that the smaller motor is maybe better if you're less than 80kg.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
D8veh
Following the link it said 350watts.
But I am happy that there are 250watt ones.
At qute a nice price too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

D8veh
Following the link it said 350watts.
But I am happy that there are 250watt ones.
At qute a nice price too
Well spotted, but that must be a mistake in the listing. I'm sure that the one that I saw had 250w written on it.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I think they do both d8veh

Stuart Kellock

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2013
Bristol
Morning Kvothe (love the handle)

Having been to quite a few electric bike shows I'd recommend the oxygen bike as a solid build and very reliable.

The kits are easy to fit too and offer you the ability to get the right bike for the job. I just fitted one to my Kona Ute as I commute with my child on the back and a boat load of cargo.

Just a thought.

Kvothe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2014
Morning Kvothe (love the handle)

Having been to quite a few electric bike shows I'd recommend the oxygen bike as a solid build and very reliable.

The kits are easy to fit too and offer you the ability to get the right bike for the job. I just fitted one to my Kona Ute as I commute with my child on the back and a boat load of cargo.

Just a thought.
Thanks Stuart!

Now I just need to find a good bike!