Need help on new tyres

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
According to this technical document you should increase the tyre pressure recommended in the chart by 1% for every extra kilo over 75kg baseline combined bike/rider weight, depending on what width of tyre you run. For some of us it will raise the pressure required above the maximum rating of the tyre - thus requiring a wider tyre to be fitted to the bike to operate within the tyres pressure specifications - frame and braking system permitting of course.

http://www.schwalbetires.com/tech_info/inflation_pressure

shambolic

Pedelecer
May 19, 2014
I learnt rather painfully the other day of the Marathon plus' issue with grip. coming down a slight slope turning onto a shale pathway. The whole bike slid sideways sending me crashing to the floor. I'd done it before with Kendas on the bike but the Schwalbes didn't hold well at all. I definitely need as puncture proof as I can get because I can't walk very far but sliding off is not a preferred option. Maybe reduce the pressure? I'm 91kg by the way

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I learnt rather painfully the other day of the Marathon plus' issue with grip. coming down a slight slope turning onto a shale pathway. The whole bike slid sideways sending me crashing to the floor. I'd done it before with Kendas on the bike but the Schwalbes didn't hold well at all. I definitely need as puncture proof as I can get because I can't walk very far but sliding off is not a preferred option. Maybe reduce the pressure? I'm 91kg by the way
Lowering the pressures will, if anything, improve grip.

I reckon you need to alter by 10psi at a time to notice any difference.