Need help please :(

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Hi.

A couple of weeks ago I bought the PANASONIC BATTERY PACK 36V14.5AH from BMS battery. I bought a motor from them and it has the wrong connectors for the battery, is it possible to cut off the connectors on the motor and solder on the the right connector for the battery? here are some pictures of the connectors ... From motor.JPG From controller.JPG

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
If you could give us what you have received. We can tell you what to do.
Pat

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Just the motor? I mean everything you have received. The idea is to tell you how to put all things together

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Just the motor? I mean everything you have received. The idea is to tell you how to put all things together
I only needed the motor, I have everything else, the battery has an inbuilt controller, thats the problem, I needed an EB bus connector from thr motor to the controller, but I got the wrong one.

Ronnie

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Just to clarify you received the motor without waterproof connector together?

If that is the case either you need to order the 9 pin waterproof connector cable as Arol said or cut the waterproof connector from the controller and solder them together. Of course I would prefer the former. Both solutions do need some soldering skills.

If you do not want to solder the cable together there is a way of doing it. Let me know if you want to try

Pat

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Just to clarify you received the motor without waterproof connector together?

If that is the case either you need to order the 9 pin waterproof connector cable as Arol said or cut the waterproof connector from the controller and solder them together. Of course I would prefer the former. Both solutions do need some soldering skills.

If you do not want to solder the cable together there is a way of doing it. Let me know if you want to try

Pat
I don't like the idea of cutting the connector off the controller, it would be better to take the connector off the motor and solder on the correct one, I have ordered this just now ... http://www.greenbikekit.com/accessories/ebike-connectors-cables/9pin-waterproof-connector-cable.html

Ronnie

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Good choice. You need to link this cable to the motor.
If you do not want to solder you can use terminal blocks to link the wires together. However, the place of the connection will be big.

Hope that helps
Pat

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
What about colour coding of the wires, I don't want to connect a wire to a place it shouldn't be connected and burn something out. How hard would it be to open up the motor and solder the cables directly to it?

Ronnie

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
The colour of the waterproof cable should match directly to the motor. I

I would not open the motor up if you are not competent as it involves tools and soldering hall connections is not straight forward.

Pat

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
ok, thanks, I suppose the other alternative would be to sell this motor, and buy another one with the EB bus connector.

Ronnie

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Well. I will keep the motor and try to get it to work. Soldering is not as hard as you think once you have the right tools. Let us know if you need a hand

Pat