Need HELP !

jeff180sx

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 17, 2021
I have a 48V voilamart kit, I accidentally twist the throttle and crashed my bike.

The brake level cable and the throttle cable is pulled out and broken, and the bike started to run itself won't stop.

I dismantle the brake level and iron it back to the switch. And that brake level function well again ( when I pull , it can still show error 02 and stop ).

However, it still keeps run itself. I tried to reinstall the hall sensor into the throttle, but it still go itself !

Does anybody have some similar experience?

Will it be just need a new throttle? or it is about the controller ? ( maybe it is short circuited when the wire is being pulled out )

Thanks

Geoffrey

jeff180sx

Mar 17, 2021
I have a 48V voilamart kit, I accidentally twist the throttle and crashed my bike.

The brake level cable and the throttle cable is pulled out and broken, and the bike started to run itself won't stop.

I dismantle the brake level and iron it back to the switch. And that brake level function well again ( when I pull , it can still show error 02 and stop ).

However, it still keeps run itself. I tried to reinstall the hall sensor into the throttle, but it still go itself !

Does anybody have some similar experience?

Will it be just need a new throttle? or it is about the controller ? ( maybe it is short circuited when the wire is being pulled out )

Thanks

Geoffrey

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Disconnect the throttle from the controller box.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You've broken the throttle. the high and low stops have to be in exactly the right positions for it to stop and give maximum power. They're only thin plastic and easily broken. You'll need a new throttle. If you have a pedal sensor, you can run with that while you sort out the throttle. To stop the throttle giving power, all you have to do is disconnect it.

The throttle's hall sensor gives 2.5v when no magnets are present, which gives 1/2 throttle. with a S magnet against it, it gives 1.2v, which is zero throttle. With a N magnet against it, it gives 3.8v, which is full throttle.

jeff180sx

Mar 17, 2021
Wow, Thanks a lot !
You guys are amazing, it helps me a lot.
I just came back from work.

Especially, VFR400, it's quite detail, thanks !

Okay, then now another problem arouse, can i just buy another twist throttle or i need to buy the original one ?

I am a new guy in ebike, lack of knowledge. Sorry about that.

The throttle of voilamart has three wire, so, is that all three wired throttle are compatible ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes any three wire throttle is compatible, one just has to wire up them correctly in sequence. Most use Black and Red as Gnd & 5v respectively the third signal can and will be any other colour, though Yellow can also be used for Gnd if no Black and Red/5v can be Brown. One uses common sense with wire colours or asks first if unsure.