Need new battery

jay007.1

Just Joined
Jan 30, 2024
5614856149Hi, I’m looking for a battery but can’t find one on the net. It doesn’t seem to have any info on the battery but it’s dimensions are:
39.5mm at its shortest length
42.5mm at its longest length
4mm wide
Any help would be great
Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looking at it , it is a generic simple two pin out connection only having the two outers wired for polarity.
A similar battery is a silver fish type so look on ebay or Yose power for battery dimesions. Silver fish type are supplied with new charger and a new fitting cradle so one can fit it behind the seat of any similar designed bikes and remove the old fitting kit to make life easier.

jay007.1

Just Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Thanks for your reply but more than two pins will be connected as it has a display to say how much charge is left. Also fits inside the frame, not in a cradle. 56151

jay007.1

Just Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Also has 3 different assist modes on the controller and auto throttle so I’m guessing all 5 pins are connected?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Also has 3 different assist modes on the controller and auto throttle so I’m guessing all 5 pins are connected?
The charge left is found from the voltage, and the assist modes controlled by the controller, so these don't need extra wires to the battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is a generic two wire/pin battery.
Shame you didn't post a pic of the bike first to save us wasting time with suggestions.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The Number of assist levels and LCD displays has nothing to do with pins on battery. On a bike like that, only two pins are normally used, though sometimes they double up the pins so you get two positive and two negative pins.

You can search Ebay and Aliexpress for "folding bike battery". Unfortunately, there are many small differences even though they look the same, so check very carefully. If you can't find the same exact one, if you get one with the same size and voltage main part, you can swap the ends from your one, or you can take out the cell-pack and swap it into your present battery.