New 20 minute kit

Andrew harvey

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2008
Wyre Forest
www.smiths-cycles.com
I got to try a new conversion kit.
A customer brought in his bike with a CONV-E kit fitted.
He said it really did only take 20 minutes to fit.
find it here, Conv-e .
I only got a quick ride out, but that did include a testing little hill.
Conclusions a very simple and well thought out kit, a little faster than strictly legal but plenty of go on the hills...... basically it flew, which I always find attractive. At a guess I should say around 20 mph top speed, similar to the original Torque mark 1's, but with better hill climbing.
Sorry I should have grabbed a photo when I had the chance.
I think he said it was around the £700 mark

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi Andrew, looks neat enough and performance sounds good! But only 6 Ah battery and no disc brake option......

Andrew harvey

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2008
Wyre Forest
www.smiths-cycles.com
Disc brake option to follow, as are pedal sensors and thumb throttles. I've contacted them this morning, I have an LBS and am always looking for shiny things to sell.

If any one's interested I have a Swinn Tailwind going at cost price, ie the same as a nonelectric 700 wheeled bike with 8 speed hub.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Glad to hear a LBS taking on work from electric bikes and being inspired!
Good to hear!

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Looks interesting, mines the disc brake and thumb throttle version please :)

alemanyorks

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2011
Been lurking for a while on this forum, trying to get some background info on pedelecs before I take the plunge. This looks very promising indeed I like the battery position & the apparent ease of fitting, the price also looks good. The upcoming refinements could make this kit one I could buy.

Didn't see anything about brake cut out switches though, is that an absolute necessity?