new battery required

mutmost

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2009
Hi All,
I think my 36V 20ah ping battery is starting to age and although I replaced a cell last year I think I need to look at alternatives, it has covered 14000 miles in six years so I'm not complaining.

My bike is a 500w direct drive front wheel kit and according to a cycle analyst typically use 12.5ah -13.5ah on my 22 mile commute (round trip no charging at work)

What do people recommend? I am not quite up to building my own pack (yet) and am interested in the battery sold by whoosh and eclipse but at 14.5ah is that too tight for my needs / in that as it ages I will run out of range fairly quickly or have things got better?

I know it will be about 3kg lighter over today so that will help, or do I go for a new 13ah oxydrive kit and treat myself to a new conversion :)

Any suggestions for battery stockists / recommendations welcomed.

Thanks
mutmost

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
treat yourself to a new bike/conversion

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
What kind of battery design is it, presumably if it was 20Ah it must have been a rear-rack battery or one that goes behind the seat post?

You mentioned your bike was direct drive.... does that mean you'd be wanting to use regen with the battery?

mutmost

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2009
What kind of battery design is it, presumably if it was 20Ah it must have been a rear-rack battery or one that goes behind the seat post?

You mentioned your bike was direct drive.... does that mean you'd be wanting to use regen with the battery?
The ping is in a rack bag and is heavy. I am not interested in regen just a new battery of similar power.
Thanks