New battery required

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
Looking to get a new battery for a HAIBIKE SDURO CROSS gl 5.0.
I am looking at buying a bike that no longer has a battery, bit of a risk but quite a good price, any ideas where i can find one that will be an exact match?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Without a battery normally means nicked. If there's no charger as well, it's certain that it's been nicked.

If the old battery is caput, ask for it because it might be cheaper to get it refurbed rather than a new one.

Chargers are very expensive too!

Reactions: mike killay

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
Yes no charger either, was looking at this one on ebay, i have sent a message to the seller l to see if its compatible
or this one https://www.allbatteries.co.uk/searchengine/result/?q=AML9144
what do you think?
the £850 battery is ridiculously expensive, way ou my price range.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There have been various forum posts about those copy batteries packing up after a short while under speculation that the software in the Yamaha system shuts them down after some time.

Here's the charger. Almost certainly, they'll ask you for the bike's serial number. If it's stolen, you'll be in trouble.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
3rd party batts like that will work but can have reliability problems over time so it is a bit of a gamble but if you can find a dead batt on ebay you could get it recelled for about 300 quid.

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
There have been various forum posts about those copy batteries packing up after a short while under speculation that the software in the Yamaha system shuts them down after some time.

Here's the charger. Almost certainly, they'll ask you for the bike's serial number. If it's stolen, you'll be in trouble.
is there a database that i can check the serial number on to make sure its not stolen?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it has no batt and charger and keys id say it was stolen

Reactions: mike killay

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Looking to get a new battery for a HAIBIKE SDURO CROSS gl 5.0.
I am looking at buying a bike that no longer has a battery, bit of a risk but quite a good price, any ideas where i can find one that will be an exact match?
Lots of good advice here already, so may I suggest that possibly a good idea would be to access the chassis number when viewing, photograph it, and check with your local police before giving any money away.....
It would be horrible to give good money away and then find out that its stolen....and it would appear that the likelihood is VERY high according to some here!
regards
Andy
PS. If the seller does not allow that, you KNOW that it's stolen immediately!
PPS. Do not view alone, take someone or two with you.....