New battery supplier. Comments Jeremy?

Orraman

Pedelecer
May 4, 2008
Jeremy,
Would you care to comment on the construction?

HOME > LIFEPO4 > LIFEPOWER4: (click here) bottom right photo.

These cells appear to be of the 123 style of LIFE cell and as such their ebike pack prices are competitive.

PRODUCTS > E-BIKES PACKS

Anyone care to be a guinea-pig?

www.maximus-racing.com

Dave

john

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2007
Manchester
The advertised discharge characteristics match A123. If those are true then they would be a very good buy.

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
I don't recognise the cell manufacturer, but they are almost certainly Chinese/Taiwanese and may possibly be made by PHET or PSI, I think, although they aren't listed on either companies web site.

The cells aren't A123s or eMolis, I'm sure, but they look slightly better in terms of discharge characteristics than Headway or the pouch type cells sold on ebay.

The price is reasonable, if the data are correct. It's the data that leads me to suspect that the cells are made by PHET or PSI, the company behind the very expensive LifeBatt cells. Both of these companies have access to Phostec's powder, the same stuff used in A123 electrodes.

Jeremy

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Interesting that some of the high rate discharge curves have the voltage going up instead of down.

Is that a temperature effect? Cells getting warm as they discharge?

Nick

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
Possibly, certainly the older Thundersky cells had better discharge characteristics when warm, although they weren't LiFePO4.

Jeremy

Orraman

Pedelecer
May 4, 2008
Jeremy,

Thank you for the information.

Could I prevail upon you to comment on the relative merits of the 24V 10Ah battery from Cyclone.tw? Without prejudice.:D

About 4 years ago I had slowed down to such an extent that I could not balance my Peer Gynt long wheelbase recumbent while climbing even a moderate incline in the granny gear.
I hope to add a Cyclone Double Freewheel motor and again feel the wind in my hair.

Dave