New Burisch Synergy GT250 owner

Gedge

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Hi , after a fair bit of research ( on here) I took the plunge and have just bought a Burisch Synergy GT250... It arrived today and is assembled waiting for the battery to charge...

I have been riding motorcycles since the age of 10 and until a few years ago I rode my Gary Fisher mountain bike regularly ...my ageing muscles and growing belly plus a move to a house on top of a hill put a damper on things..so after a visit to Sorrento where it seemed most bikes were electric, I started to think this is the way forward...

No doubt I will have loads of questions and maybe be able to give some amateur impressions of the Burisch...

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
Hi,
Congratulations on your e-bike purchase, I had a 250 for a year and it was a great bike, it would have been perfect had I been a bit lighter but overall I loved it.

I wish they would make the battery quick release, do you still have to unscrew the connector at the bottom?

Gedge

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Yes, it does seem a bit of a faff but otherwise the bike seems simple enough...I didn't bother with their pedals as I robbed my half and half SPD pedals off my old bike..probably do the same with the saddle...

Gedge

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
Now up to around 30 miles on the bike...finding it very easy to ride and nice to be able to deal with the hills without leaving the saddle. Today's ride was curtailed when a spoke came loose and I ended up with 6 punctures...managed to get them fixed ( and by use of a stray McDonalds straw I managed to reattach the stray spoke nipple...)and back home but decided the standard tyres and tube weren't up to much so I bought some Scwalbe puncture resistant tyres...found removing the back wheel a pretty easy job, so new tyre and tube fitted and ready to go again tomorrow ...found several spokes loose so all tightened up and wheel still true...bit disappointed that they were so poorly fitted but nothing a bit of patience won't cure...