NEW Carrera Crossfuse

corsur

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 24, 2019
Hi all new to Ebikes . had to buy one that I have been looking at now for some time. Halfords over night reduced it, The Carrera Crossfuse to £1280 And with my British cycling discount got it for £1150 that has to be the best price for a mid motor bike . Less than the crossfire. And only 155 more than a Gtech Ebike.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Brilliant bike. I have one, and at that price I am tempted to go out and buy another :)
Mike

John Caves

Just Joined
Jan 4, 2019
I'm on the verge of doing the same as it just seems unbeatable price-wise. Would want to add mudguards, rear rack and kick stand. I'm assuming that's straightforward.
Would have liked integrated front and rear lights but that's more a nice to have. Would transfer my Brooks saddle. Not sure if I might want to put different handlebars on it. Think I might be over-analysing things? Just keep coming back to the great price. Buy now or pay more for something better later? I'm 66 and there's still a bit of me that's resisting that move over to an electric bike but I do find some of the big hills a bit of a challenge nowadays but I just love to go off on adventures still!

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Decided to take the plunge and order one, due to be ready on Wednesday, reckon I will have to let go at least one of my other e-bikes if this one turns out to be as good as it seemed on the test ride.....

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
I
I'm on the verge of doing the same as it just seems unbeatable price-wise. Would want to add mudguards, rear rack and kick stand. I'm assuming that's straightforward.
Would have liked integrated front and rear lights but that's more a nice to have. Would transfer my Brooks saddle. Not sure if I might want to put different handlebars on it. Think I might be over-analysing things? Just keep coming back to the great price. Buy now or pay more for something better later? I'm 66 and there's still a bit of me that's resisting that move over to an electric bike but I do find some of the big hills a bit of a challenge nowadays but I just love to go off on adventures still!
It's an incredible price for a bike with the best current touring motor you can buy. No issues up to at least 15% gradient. Totally silent. Zero resist. Insane range.

I spent two hours down the muddy and windy Macclesfield Canal this morning on a bike with that same motor. 200m of elevation gain so pretty flat to be fair. Less than 20% battery used.

I would get some daytime running lights (usb chargeable ones), mudguards, rear rack, kick stand and water bottle holder . But you can get all that (and decent quality versions too) for £100 or so.

And these (because punctures suck and if you're touring in winter off tarmac you need a little grip):
Marathon Plus Touring

Have fun :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeS

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Just worked it out at £1030 after my companies halfords gift card discount of 7%, topcashback 3.15% and british cycling 10% discount, am tempted

Reactions: NI Phil

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
I mean I still like the Cube Touring One Iridium better - same Activeline Plus motor, but with semi-integrated battery, integrated lights and rack, kickstand, Intuvia display and suspension seat post - and likely better build quality - but that Cube doesn't seem to be much under £1500 at the moment and I doubt you can keep racking up multiple discounts like you can at Halfords.

This does look like great value.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Can you actually do that at Halfords? When they were running a sale several months ago there seemed to be a statement on the website saying that the sale prices couldn't be discounted any further with vouchers or other 'claims' (I have just found it in their terms and conditions, but I must admit that from posts on here the store staff seem to be ignoring this and giving further discounts.
Mike
"4.7. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer."

Zak Tempest

Jan 28, 2019
Can you actually do that at Halfords? When they were running a sale several months ago there seemed to be a statement on the website saying that the sale prices couldn't be discounted any further with vouchers or other 'claims' (I have just found it in their terms and conditions, but I must admit that from posts on here the store staff seem to be ignoring this and giving further discounts.
Mike
"4.7. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer."
After a great deal of studying, I've purchased a crossfuse. The people in store (Huddersfield) have been brilliant with me. I had a trial ride for an hour or so, I could have had it for longer but that was enough. What a quiet and smooth system Bosch has put together. I know some cyclists see Halfords as a jack of all trades and master of none and so they prefer to go to a specific bike shop. I wanted a good bike with a good guarantee at a good price and (as already said in this thread) at the moment the bike is £1280 and with BC discount it is an amazing deal for a mid engine bike. No local shop had the purchasing power to come close to that deal. I'm looking forward to getting a few miles under my belt.
As suggested in other threads, I added guards and a rack.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Zak - I think the seat is really cool and gives the bike a bit of a retro look (it's comfortable for me too). So I thought I would buy some handgripextensions that matched the colour.

• Useful
Reactions: Zak Tempest

Zak Tempest

Jan 28, 2019
Hi Mike, thanks for the response. I'm loving the hipster handles #pimpmyride. I'm thinking of fitting a (what my motorcycle instructor called death trap) mirror to my bars.
do you use the bike for leisure or commuting? (or leisure during a commute:))

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Yes I fitted a bar end mirror (which swivels out of the way) and it's a godsend. Just leisure use but since I bought the Thule towball rack I use the bike VERY often. It's only 5 minutes to put the rack and bike on the car and a similar amount of time after the ride and since there's no effort lifting it or struggle to get a wet bike inside the car, it's a real incentive to get out there.
The Crossfuse takes a real effort to ride up the steepest hills (in the Pennines) but it just feels so right when I am on it that it's a real pleasure.
Mike

Reactions: Zak Tempest

Zak Tempest

Jan 28, 2019
I know your pain. I am near the longest hill in the UK! Commuting can have its challenges both up and down hill!
I'm thinking that if commuting becomes fun then I will want t do it.
Have you considered upgrading the controller from the Purion?

chapelblade

Just Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Hi,
New poster here. I have just ordered this bike to collect on Thursday. I was originally doubtful whether it would carry a 120kg rider up some steepish (10-15% grade) hills around me, especially as it seems fairly high geared with a 42t front cog but a 20 minute test ride convinced me that the silent Bosch motor was up to the task.
Obviously, the biggest costs are the Bosch motor and battery and some of the components are fairly basic but overall, at the offer price of £1280 less a further 10% BC discount this represents tremendous value for money.

I may change the pedals and possibly the saddle to my Brookes and maybe the tyres (depending on punctures) but even if I spend another £75-£100 it would still be good value.

I cant wait for Thursday and hope the weather is good enough for a reasonable first ride.

Zak Tempest

Jan 28, 2019
Welcome,

I'm picking mine up on Thursday as well. I'm going to ride it the 16 miles home!
I agree the bike is amazing value for money. I have ordered some mud guards with it as well.

Reactions: Andy McNish