New Charger Required

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hello, My charger for the Powacycle Salisbury has died, anyone know where I can get a new one ? it is the 24 volt one......any help appreciated..........Del.

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
I should add, it is for a lithium polymer battery, I got my last one from Juicy Bikes, but they don't do them any more.....they suggested Maplins....but they don't have any in stock, any ideas anyone ?........Del.

Last edited:

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
you need to check connectors. Do you have pictures of the connectors you are using?

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
cwah, Connector not that important, as have a friend who is into that sort of thing, and can change it if different......Thanks Del.

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
Might be silly question, but the one on e-bay is for Li-ion......will that work with Lithium Polymer battery ?.....I am useless with electrics...........Del.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
If it's 29.4V 2A I have a spare charger with this exact value:

I can ship it to you for 10GBP as I don't need it

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
Frank, Thanks, That looks like the right one, mine puts out 29.4 v 2a......this one puts out 29.2v 4a....it won't ''fry'' the battery will it ?........Del.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi NO it will just charge the battery twice as fast The one that Cwah has offered you is the same as yours

Frank

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the help Frank, have sent for the one from EclipsEbikes......and thanks to cwah for the offer, have gone for a new one this time........Del.

NZgeek

Pedelecer
Jun 11, 2013
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
I see you are sorted already, but I just thought I'd say that buying to a local source is probably a good idea!

I've purchased 3 chargers of differeing types off ebay. 2 for SLA's and one for lifepo4.

ALL 3 have had some used componentry inside (glue on components that wasn't elswewhere, damaged capacitors etc, 2 matching chargers didn't even have all the same components in), and all 3 have failed on initital use. The boards inside weren't fully populated, and most of the inlet filtering wasn't fitted. One didn't even have a fuse, just a wire link.

On one of them, the short was so bad it's popped the RCD on the socket at work, blew the 10A breaker in the switchboard, and the 63A (which has a lot of load on, so lot's of people were a bit upset :eek:

They weren't difficult to repair - but not every one has the bits sitting around (fuses, resistors, bridge rectifiers etc).

So while a reputable shop may be a bit more expensive, it's MUCH easier to go back and complain if it fails!

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
NZgeek, Yep, thought it best to go for a new one this time, any problems and you can demand satisfaction, not being very well up with electrics I didn't want any problems........Del.

Del 80

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
New charger arrived today.....couple of minutes to change connection......2 hours later fully charged.......big thanks to Frank for pointing me in the right direction.......Del.