New controller and lcd

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Hi guy need your help again. I've brought a new control box and display gone from 36v 500w to 36/48 1000w
Getting my head around the Chinese lingo don't understand when thay mean match magnets to the wheel and self-learning wires if you click on see description and it's P2 settings

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/zoWUjXb

coolreptile

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 24, 2018
It depends if you want it restricted or unrestricted. If unrestricted just leave it off and don't connect those wires

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Learning wires are to get the phase sequnce correct and all so for it to spin in the correct direction, once this is achieved disconnect the learn wiring.

P2 is the wheel speed pulse it detects how many magnets the sensor passes to for real time odo speed reading. Usally P2 is 1 or 6 to work correctly.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the reply mate I understand now I thought the learning wise it was a restrictor but why do they mention if you've got a 26-in wheel to set it at 45 etc etc sorry for asking

• Agree
Reactions: coolreptile

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
why do they mention if you've got a 26-in wheel to set it at 45 etc etc sorry for asking
It is the P1 setting I expect to make sure the speed reading is near as correct as can be, I assume you are using a D/D hub. You can alter the P1 setting up or down to match the speed read out given by a gps or cycle computer.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Yes mate brushless hub motor kits off eBay. I know all the other settings to set low voltage. wheel size. miles per hour just the magnet and wheel size settings was doing my head in