New Crossfire

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Another one for Marathon plus. I went belt and braces and used slime in my motor wheel. No punctures in 7000 miles.
Now that's tempting the puncture gremlin.
I have the Marathon Plus MTB tyres that I would have thought should be even stronger but I've still had lots of punctures, usually thorns. Also, the slime tubes are hit and miss.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I have the Marathon Plus MTB tyres that I would have thought should be even stronger but I've still had lots of punctures, usually thorns. Also, the slime tubes are hit and miss.
They don't have such a thick puncture guard as the normal MPs, and the tyre rubber is a lot softer too.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
My experience with slime has been very bad. Limited experience as I had a puncture soon after first adding slime; a complete mess on the tyre, and unrepairable inner because of the slime on it. I haven't bothered to try slime again; about then I discovered MPs.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
I had Marathon Plus tyres before changing to the MTB version, mistakenly it seems thinking that they were more puncture proof. I've had loads of punctures with both types with the added pain of trying to remove said tyres, at one point resorting to a screwdriver to break the seal with the rim.
The Slime, as I said, has been hit and miss. I have removed five thorns at the same time and the tyre has remained inflated but it has alas gone down with one thorn in it. Any slime in the tyre I have found easy to remove with wet wipes, although a bit messy.