New e bike owner

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Nice bike
How do you find them tyres
I couldn’t get on with them personally I found they self steered on the front with 52mm rims no other tyre I’ve ever used has done it

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I’m ok for now but yer I can see what you mean,what are you using
Hi
I use maxxis rekon + 2.8"
And if doing a lot of hardpack and road i use continental race kings 2.2"
I use them both on 52mm rims with zero issues
So ive definitely put it down to the tyres

F00lsgold

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 28, 2018
Nice,I’m going to give them a bit longer but may end up making the trade,my main use is for road with the occasional off-road

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Nice,I’m going to give them a bit longer but may end up making the trade,my main use is for road with the occasional off-road
those tyres off road will be useless lol i run sg tyres front and rear tubeless :)

DSC_0188_02.JPG
DSC_0189_02.JPG

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
Nice bike- what model/year is it? I just got a 2017 Lycan Macina 271 but spec looks quite different (Rockshox forks etc).
My bike has come with Nobby Nics which when I measure them are just 55mm wide( should be almost 60mm at 2.35"), but my rims are only 25mm internally so don't want to go to 2.8".... but getting tyres in 2.5/2.6 is challenging....

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
those tyres off road will be useless lol i run sg tyres front and rear tubeless :)
That’s where in the summer them tyres are at there best
Hard pack and dry trails you can really give them hell and there fast
Where they fall on the arse for me was the road which they should be perfect for but there not which is why there sitting in the shed rotting

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
That’s where in the summer them tyres are at there best
Hard pack and dry trails you can really give them hell and there fast
Where they fall on the arse for me was the road which they should be perfect for but there not which is why there sitting in the shed rotting
well i dont want them lol they look like there as thin as toilet paper as with the sg version i have never had a flat tyre and the side walls are x4 thicker so can run lower psi and not have them rolling round or burp them of the rim.

down side is there a pita to fit and not cheap ;)

F00lsgold

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 28, 2018
Nice bike- what model/year is it? I just got a 2017 Lycan Macina 271 but spec looks quite different (Rockshox forks etc).
My bike has come with Nobby Nics which when I measure them are just 55mm wide( should be almost 60mm at 2.35"), but my rims are only 25mm internally so don't want to go to 2.8".... but getting tyres in 2.5/2.6 is challenging....
Hi barrio it’s a full hope custom build it’s a 2018 272

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
well i dont want them lol they look like there as thin as toilet paper as with the sg version i have never had a flat tyre and the side walls are x4 thicker so can run lower psi and not have them rolling round or burp them of the rim.

down side is there a pita to fit and not cheap ;)
To be fair you were not asked to have them :)
and as far as schwalbe are concerned I would never run there tyres again due too premature hairline perishing in as little as 12 months on a couple of sets of different model schwalbe tyres
I will say thou There definitely not thin as paper and have a good puncture protection system
I have ridden them plenty off road in slate quarry’s etc and never had an issue
As said my only issue is with there tarmac behaviour which is where they should excel but they are a long way from that
:(

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
stick um on gumtree or Friday add for 10 squid imo some one local will soon pick um up ;)