New e-bike rider Bristol

John G4WOD

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Bristol UK
Hi just joined the group, have a Haibike XDURO FS RX last years model, very happy with the hill climbing ability, purchased when parts of me were starting to say that cycling to work was getting to much for joints, well the hills anyway, one question does anyone know where I can get a manual that covers the rear suspension bolts as yes one of mine became lose, so would like to know the correct torque for all the suspension components so I can torque them and add loctite.

Cheers John

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
which bolt you talking about? all mine can fall of bar the main 2 that hold the rear sus in place if its one of them no idea as not fell off yet.

John G4WOD

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2016
Bristol UK
The one that became lose was the one in the linkage near the rear mech, luckily I checked it before I went on a ride and it was lose, I have added loctite and tightened back up, but on looking at the supplied manual they don't seem to cover the frame linkage bolts, I don't mind taking them out and checking them but wonder what the correct values are.

Cheers John

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its 7nm for the rear horse link bolts x4 but mine have held with lock tight but i also put cable ties in them so dont loose the black part as 1 new bolt is 30 quid.

also check the one behind the rear sus under the saddle as that comes loose as well lost 1 of them and 25 quid for a new 1. 10nm

and also check the plastic bolt left side of the ses wheel as that comes loose to.7nm

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Welcome to the forum and e bikes! Not sure I've seen torque figures for bolts on a bike but maybe there are?

most mid to hi end bikes have it on or near the rear frame bolts or is on them what nm to tighten them too.

cos if you tightened them as hard as you could the rear frame would not move much and damage the frame.;)

• Informative

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
its 7nm for the rear horse link bolts x4 but mine have held with lock tight but i also put cable ties in them so dont loose the black part as 1 new bolt is 30 quid.

also check the one behind the rear sus under the saddle as that comes loose as well lost 1 of them and 25 quid for a new 1. 10nm

and also check the plastic bolt left side of the ses wheel as that comes loose to.7nm
I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopedic shoe)

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing