New eBikes and cyclists

dcb568

Pedelecer
Dec 22, 2018
Hi and glad you're pleased with your Tinkers. Saddles are such personal things and I shall be putting my favourite Brooks leather one on the blue bike after tomorrow. The seat post on the blue one was also shortened by the dealer when supplied to ensure it would lower enough. However when I ride it I have the seat post a lot higher and as a result I,m finding that it slips down a little after a few miles. This might be due to there being less of the post in the frame, and my weight being a lot more at 94 kilos. Ile have a chat with the dealer when I pick up the orange bike tomorrow to see if he has had experienced this problem on other Tinkers. I will take the seat post along to compare the difference in length between it and the one on the new bike. I might consider swapping them to try the longer one at the higher height to see if it solves the slipping issue. If not I may have to consider changing the seat clamp or possibly adding a shim if that doesn't work. Have you experienced any problems in this area?
So far the post hasn’t slipped. We bought the bikes with the thudbuster fitted, which along with the Gell saddle really increased the height for my wife. Looking at the Selle Toyal web site, I’m looking at two saddles (Respirio and Lookin 3D) with the 3D being more compact hightwise, but with elastomers attached. I’ll likely try that on my bike and see how my lady fairs with it too but the Respirio (relaxed) looks slightly more comfortable but higher

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
So far the post hasn’t slipped. We bought the bikes with the thudbuster fitted, which along with the Gell saddle really increased the height for my wife. Looking at the Selle Toyal web site, I’m looking at two saddles (Respirio and Lookin 3D) with the 3D being more compact hightwise, but with elastomers attached. I’ll likely try that on my bike and see how my lady fairs with it too but the Respirio (relaxed) looks slightly more comfortable but higher
Will be interested to know how you get on with the Tinkers over time, will you start a post in the review section? I must admit that despite dealers saying they sell lots of Tinkers I've never seen any others when out and about. Where about a in the country are you?

dcb568

Pedelecer
Dec 22, 2018
Will be interested to know how you get on with the Tinkers over time, will you start a post in the review section? I must admit that despite dealers saying they sell lots of Tinkers I've never seen any others when out and about. Where about a in the country are you?
In terms of rides further away, I need to decide how to transport the bikes but the idea of moving ‘to the country’ and riding our bikes even more, is very appealing.... we live near Ilford, Essex. I’m not very good with starting a post ie where is the review section etc. but I’d be happy to put up some posts and photos.
My dear lady popped her Hövding airbag helmet the other day, so we are waiting to hear about a replacement and costs before we ride again. I tried the Charger in the shop but am so glad I stayed with the Tinker.

dcb568

Pedelecer
Dec 22, 2018
Hi and glad you're pleased with your Tinkers. Saddles are such personal things and I shall be putting my favourite Brooks leather one on the blue bike after tomorrow. The seat post on the blue one was also shortened by the dealer when supplied to ensure it would lower enough. However when I ride it I have the seat post a lot higher and as a result I,m finding that it slips down a little after a few miles. This might be due to there being less of the post in the frame, and my weight being a lot more at 94 kilos. Ile have a chat with the dealer when I pick up the orange bike tomorrow to see if he has had experienced this problem on other Tinkers. I will take the seat post along to compare the difference in length between it and the one on the new bike. I might consider swapping them to try the longer one at the higher height to see if it solves the slipping issue. If not I may have to consider changing the seat clamp or possibly adding a shim if that doesn't work. Have you experienced any problems in this area?
So far the post hasn’t slipped. We bought the bikes with the thudbuster fitted, which along with the Gell saddle really increased the height for my wife. Looking at the Selle Royal Respirio Relaxed or Selle Royal Lookin 3D Relaxed saddles (the latter similar to the Tinker saddle but with elastomers underneath for even more ‘thud’ protection?

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
So far the post hasn’t slipped. We bought the bikes with the thudbuster fitted, which along with the Gell saddle really increased the height for my wife. Looking at the Selle Royal Respirio Relaxed or Selle Royal Lookin 3D Relaxed saddles (the latter similar to the Tinker saddle but with elastomers underneath for even more ‘thud’ protection?
Picked the orange Tinker up on Wednesday for MrsG, looks smashing! First run out this morning, me with a head cold and MrsG with an aching back. Did 19 miles in the sunshine with the obligatory tea stop, bikes running beautifully. Thoroughly cleaning seat post seems to have solved slippage problem, and Mrs g loves the Enviolo hub and vowed never to go back to conventional derraillier gears. Also likes the new emtb mode. So far, so good!

Reactions: Andy McNish

dcb568

Pedelecer
Dec 22, 2018
Great to read your update. The orange is a lovely colour and I agree, the Nuvinci is brilliant. I used turbo across grass recently, wow did it shift
We haven’t been out much, I have a neck problem at the minute, driving me mad but I checked the tyre pressures today, set at 40psi so all ready for a ride as soon as I can. Have only managed 6 mikes so far! Who did you get the bike from?

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Great to read your update. The orange is a lovely colour and I agree, the Nuvinci is brilliant. I used turbo across grass recently, wow did it shift
We haven’t been out much, I have a neck problem at the minute, driving me mad but I checked the tyre pressures today, set at 40psi so all ready for a ride as soon as I can. Have only managed 6 mikes so far! Who did you get the bike from?
Onbike at Worcester. Have Tinkers in stock. Relaxed environment and good service. Hope the neck pain eases soon.

dcb568

Pedelecer
Dec 22, 2018
We have some good friends moving from Brentwood to Worcester very soon. Looks a lovely county to ride around.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
We have some good friends moving from Brentwood to Worcester very soon. Looks a lovely county to ride around.
Yes, we live around about an hour from Worcester, but it is a lovely city and nice countryside around about with interesting historical houses. There's the Cotswolds nearby, but can get busy on the roads due to Birmingham not too far away. One of my favourite counties for cycling is Northumberland, great scenery, sparsely populated and the only county without a motorway running through it!