New folder released...

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
Hi everyone!

New folder recently launched by GreenEdge! It's called the "Silverado", and from what I can see, it looks pretty decent. Mind you, the only photo on the web site shows it folded, so can't really tell. The spec. list sounds fairly impressive though. Along with the rest of the gear it has: Rear hub motor. Shimano 6spd. gears. 20" wheels. Retails at £799 from The Electric Transport Shop(Cambridge).
Does any one know much about GreenEdge products, because until I saw this, I had never heard of them ? I'm going to do a little surfing before I turn in, and see if I can find a proper photograph or two. Sorry I can't provide a link, I don't know how to do that yet.

Best Regards. :)

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
New models like this are really difficult to judge,some prove good buys some do not,it would be a gamble to buy one, personally i would go for something that is tried and tested by other members.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
I had a quick glance at the site, clicked 'full specification' looking for something on gearing, which is often the let down on these bikes. Loads of info there but nothing on gearing. On that basis I'd avoid until that information comes to light!
Frank

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
As Frank says the gearing is often not ideal on folders, and given the visibly small chainring the same will be true of this bike. Not a problem for everyone of course, but I think most would prefer higher gearing.

Another concern is the quoted 75kg rated load, an 11st rider is likely to exceed that with their gear on, and that's before they collect the shopping.

Probably the biggest concern with non established brands is the future availability of electrical spares, particularly batteries. Some might be willing to take a chance with a cheap bike, but this one is priced at a level where most users would expect several years of use.

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
New models like this are really difficult to judge,some prove good buys some do not,it would be a gamble to buy one, personally i would go for something that is tried and tested by other members.
..Yeah, thanks F.P! I wasn't thinking of buying just yet anyway,(having just bought an Agattu). But I am interested in anything new with regard to leccy folders - my wife fancies one. But as you are aware, there isn't much on the market at present, and certainly no such thing as the "definitive" leccy folder! I would imagine there are quite a few others amongst us waiting to see what the industry produces. As I see it, the main issues are gearing and overall weight. I can't remember what Flecc did with regard to gearing on his "Q" bike now, but if he is not too happy with the arrangement himself, I can see the resolution being some way off yet!!

'Bye for now. :)

Jimblob

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2007
This is an awesome machine! Very very nimble, and quick on the mark, and it powers up hills like you would not believe. Come and try it for yourself.

I will try and address the gear ratio question.

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
This is an awesome machine! Very very nimble, and quick on the mark, and it powers up hills like you would not believe. Come and try it for yourself.

I will try and address the gear ratio question.
8 days Jimblob, people awaitin out here (maybeee.....)

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Yeah, thanks F.P! I wasn't thinking of buying just yet anyway,(having just bought an Agattu). But I am interested in anything new with regard to leccy folders - my wife fancies one. But as you are aware, there isn't much on the market at present, and certainly no such thing as the "definitive" leccy folder! I would imagine there are quite a few others .
Hi have just bought the Silverado for Jenny, have posted on other posts..
Jenny is 5'3" and detorating hip, this was the lightest lowest thing I could find..It looks good all Aluminium, so wont scar on the motorhome rack, folds very well to go into the car, weighs 18k , so no trouble for me to lift.
I have only cycled about 40 miles on it so far (due to wet winds, on the cornish coast) I Also bought an Aggatu, as I cycle more seriousley than Jenny.
All I can say is as you all know from Flecc, what an awesome machine the Aggatu is for even a 70 year old cyclist like me...But I was pleasantly surprised with this machine...it is a pedalac with a throttle..I pedaled a route that the Aggatu sails through, but so did the Silverado then I cycled back down a mile hill (from sea level to 90 meters) and up again the rode 5 miles on throttle alone
(This could have been a nice end to a day out for a tired lady). According to some posts there may be battery problems later..I cannot say..but if I get Sunny day cycling over 18 months..and have to get another battery...it will be cheap cheap..two lousy ticket to Leonard Cohen costs £300, and then you have to get to London:eek: ....( We costed the opera out at £400 from west Cornwall......(eggy sandwhiches at Rame head , Fish and Chips at Looe..once a month could "pay" for both bikes by October...:cool: