New from Woosh, mileage predictor

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi all

Lovely day down here, makes a change.

We have added hill indicator to the predictor, so you can be aware of any really steep bits.
If you now create your route from A to B, it will show the elevation chart from start to finish.
If you are thinking of buying a bike from us and click on it, it will also tell you how it would cope.

More feedback welcome, have a nice Sunday.

Hatti

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi all

Lovely day down here, makes a change.

We have added hill indicator to the predictor, so you can be aware of any really steep bits.
If you now create your route from A to B, it will show the elevation chart from start to finish.
If you are thinking of buying a bike from us and click on it, it will also tell you how it would cope.

More feedback welcome, have a nice Sunday.

Hatti
That's fantastic, Hatti. Please send my thanks to whoever did it.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I think this is a great little tool, thanks Hatti.

The routes it comes up with are the ones I would take and the mileage estimates are refreshingly honest (perhaps even in the pessimistic side). It doesn't appear to take terrain into account when estimating battery usage - it does display the gradient profile (which is great) so the information must be available to include in your calculation.

Assuming your bikes have power settings, perhaps you could add an option to select low/medium/high power as in my experience this will roughly double / halve the range. I assume the ranges you currently indicate would be with the power setting to high.

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
good piece of software. is it possible to create a circular route by anchoring locations. the program jumps to a single line when trying to plot a different route......?
regards

a couple of my known routes look fairly accurate with regard to battery use......., showing some 20%+ sections with the red triangle......yes i do have to pedal hard at those points.........

DCUK6

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2013
I think this is a great little tool, thanks Hatti.
Assuming your bikes have power settings, perhaps you could add an option to select low/medium/high power as in my experience this will roughly double / halve the range. I assume the ranges you currently indicate would be with the power setting to high.
Yes, i thought of this earlier. Bike manufacturers say something like 20 miles but is that throttle only or 10% assist.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
It's a nice tool - really like the danger zone hill indicators ! Plugged in a section of a route to one of my favourite local spots that I've actually given up on of late with my crank drive as it's just too tough to seem worth how ill getting up there makes me feel ! .. max just over 20 ... and "hub drive bikes require pedalling hard for 1.5 miles" ... it's not just hub drives !

Another section is unavoidable in Devon to get back from where I'd go regularly - max gradient 22.5, similar story on length of steep climb. A few very short ones are OK it's the long ones which can slow you down to a virtual stop on all but a pretty powerful electric bike.

Being pre-warned is very useful when planning a route ... one of the 1st apps I've tried that shows clearly where these runs are and also how long they are at a glance :) I just plugged in another route I'd like to go on but always been wondering if it would be OK .. predictor says max gradient is 42.1. So I think that will be a "no" then. We do have some steep hills. Thanks for the warning, Hatti !!

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A big thank you to everyone for feedback so far.

We have made some improvements (we hope!), notably:

post code or address as destination as well as just clicking on map

drag and drop to change route

virtual ride

now works on Internet Explorer

Hope its OK, but please keep feedback coming!

Have a nice evening all

Hatti