New front fork for Kalkhoff

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
Hi I have a Kalkhoff pro connect with a basic suntour front fork.

I was thinking for the winter I might upgrade the front fork but my question is:

1. Does anyone have any recommendations? Its a pretty basic bike but I do have hydraulic disc brakes.
2. Do I need to order an ebike specific fork? When I look at the model it looks standard but I am not too sure.

Thanks .....

D

Deleted member 4366

In pronciple, you can fit any forks as long as they have the same size steerer tube and they're for the same size wheel.

Now for the difficult bit. They don't really make many decent forks for 700c wheels. have a look at these. I haven't tried them, but you normally get a much better ride from air suspension:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/suntour-sf14-ncx-e-rl-700c-air-fork-black-411780

very cheap here:
http://www.classic-cycle.de/en/Forks-and-Parts/Fork-Suntour-NCX-SF14-E-P-RL-Air-700c-1-1-8-Disc.html

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
Thanks guys - I just noticed that some of the links are for v brakes, I have hydraulic disc brakes so I am guessing that would makes a difference. All so complicated!

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks guys - I just noticed that some of the links are for v brakes, I have hydraulic disc brakes so I am guessing that would makes a difference. All so complicated!
All the forks mentioned above are disc brake forks!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Whether you choose the air or sprung version they are all disc brake mount, though getting the correct colour may be the hard part.
All you need to check is your head/steerer tube diameter/type & length, 1 1/8th is a common size for Suntour forks though some bikes have tapered tube/steerer fitting and older bikes a threaded one.
The ali steerer length on new forks will be long so this needs to be cut to length with a hacksaw to match exactly you existing and then a star nut fitted inside the tube, also you need to remove the small crown race fitted to the base of your existing tube and fit it to the new ones. The crown race is important and MUST be fitted as it allows the bottom head tube bearing to seat and rotate smoothly.
We can guide you on fitting or a bike mechanic will easily do the job in under an hour.