New here and my first conversion!

Leeroy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm leeroy and this is my first foray into the world of ebikes! I have to say I've enjoyed reading the many posts here and gained quite a bit of knowledge!

This is my planet X jack flash 26" with a 250w yose power front hub kit, I've had a spin around the block and it's a lot of fun, I'll only be using it for on road in the dry.

I'm just waiting for some more velcro so I can get rid of the (temporary) tie raps and hold the battery down better. I'm also waiting for a longer wolf tooth mount as I decided not to use a rivnut, maybe I should?;)

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Hi Leeroy.

I am also a newbie here. And I have a newbie question:

The motor cable where it exits the spindle, shouldn't it point downwards towards the ground not upwards?
Yes, well noticed. Generally it should point downwards to prevent water dripping down the cable and seeping into the motor. It may be not be necessary with a very carefully designed kit.

Leeroy's does look a little suspicious. Very tempting to do it that way; it looks neater and less risk of snagging on something. He does say he'll only be using it in the dry.

Reactions: Leeroy

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
What I have learned is always expect unexpected rain while cycling in UK. Water and electricity don't go well together.

Having that said I will try to install kit same way for exact reasons you have mentioned if I only find a way to waterproof it.

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
Hi Leeroy.

I am also a newbie here. And I have a newbie question:

The motor cable where it exits the spindle, shouldn't it point downwards towards the ground not upwards?
Your absolutely right AZ it should point downwards, the reason I have it upwards is because I couldn't get the nut cap to stay on, also I was concerned that the small wires inside the spring thing could get broken when I'm parked up at a bike park and somebody slams their front tire into my forks.
I may redo the way it should be once my velcro arrives in the post.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Hi leeroy
Looks like the same kit I am thinking about getting
For my Scott aspect 40
Did you change your brake levers for the cut off one’s
My levers are both brake and gear shifters
Neil

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
Hi leeroy
Looks like the same kit I am thinking about getting
For my Scott aspect 40
Did you change your brake levers for the cut off one’s
My levers are both brake and gear shifters
Neil
Hi! Nope,I didn't bother with the ones that came in kit, I had some old Clarks m2 hydraulic disc brakes hanging about so used those. I should probably get hold of some separate cut off sensors to use, but without them I haven't had a problem.

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
Hi
I have some nice shimano one on my bike I might try
It without them too did you use the thumb throttle
Neil
I've tried the throttle but it only gives me push assistance, I know there's a setting in the KD21C lcd somewhere to change it but finding the right manual is a pain.

I think you can use invisible wire brake sensors with those Shimano brakes, (pic above) wether it works with the youse power kit I don't know.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
View attachment 46784
I've tried the throttle but it only gives me push assistance, I know there's a setting in the KD21C lcd somewhere to change it but finding the right manual is a pain.

I think you can use invisible wire brake sensors with those Shimano brakes, (pic above) wether it works with the youse power kit I don't know.
i think the plugs are different there are some yose one’s On eBay for £18

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
I'll check them out. I went for a nice long ride today and it was brilliant having that power to help zip me up hills like it was nothing!
But there's a few things I realized when I was out like I actually didn't need the throttle like I thought I would, so I'll remove it at some point also I think I'm going to need those cut off sensors, there were times I stopped pedaling yet the motor continued for a split second, caught me out a few times, especially on junctions.
Also the pas settings were a bit too much, I think I only need three instead of five, so I'll change those too.

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
Hi
Did you use the spacer on the hub when fitting your
Disk rotor the instructions don’t say only
Use their bolt’s
Neil
All sorted watched a YouTube video and it shows not used
Neil
Nope I didn't use them, I tried them first but they gave me too much offset so took them off and the discs lined up perfectly but that's with the Clarks hydraulic brakes, I dunno if you'd need them for other brands.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Hi
Photo of the yose brake sensor the magnet’s are held on with 3m vhb pad and the each magnet super glued on top of each other seems to be holding
Might fit a small tie wrap onFC5E19D7-3615-4E18-9754-2F7A1D023E8F.jpeg

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
That's brilliant! I'll copy the way you did it when mine arrive.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Front hub, on non-step through bikes is becoming a thing, tbf a nice black front does look sweet as.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi
Photo of the yose brake sensor the magnet’s are held on with 3m vhb pad and the each magnet super glued on top of each other seems to be holding
Might fit a small tie wrap onView attachment 46956
I'd have worried that superglue wasn't strong enough for the job, and used Araldite, which might have been unwise. Are those magnets easy to source if a magnet or four break off?