New here and my first conversion!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I tried super and got it everywhere - @guerney keep changing your mind on your pic much o_O ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I tried super and got it everywhere - @guerney keep changing your mind on your pic much o_O ;)
Superglue seems to gush out and get everywhere - I had to buy acetone to dissolve it, because it happened so often (and acetone doesn't dissolve it terribly well). @PC2017 Fair comment, I'll stick with this self-portrait for a bit.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
I had the bike upside down put a small amount of super glue on the magnet then placed another magnet on top with the aid of long nosed pliers
And got glue on my fingers but that was because
The tube was new and had to be opened and
It when on my fingers
Neil

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
And got glue on my fingers but that was because
Not just me then - keeping the tube stored upright prevents lid sealing and initial over spill but not from getting it everywhere thereafter :mad:
I'll stick with this self-portrait for a bit.
I like it - Tbh I must change mine, I have my black controller dawned with gold heat-sinks to rescale.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Not just me then - keeping the tube stored upright prevents lid sealing and initial over spill but not from getting it everywhere thereafter :mad:
They wouldn't sell very much if people managed to squeeze out tiny drops like in the adverts - making superglue tubes single use by design is far more profitable. Perhaps using a chemical emulsifier to produce an easier to apply consistency similar to UHU, would result in a less super glue? Even if by some miracle I manage to not splash it all over like the Henry Cooper, it's turnd solid by the time I need it next, unlike UHU which manages to store for years between uses.

I can't find Henry Cooper's first "Splash it all over" Brut advert

I have my black controller dawned with gold heat-sinks to rescale.
You've got GOLD heatsinks?!?!? Where do you live? ;) Next,I'll need to locate someone who owns those even more heat conductive diamond heatsinks...

Last edited:
  • :D

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Hello everyone, I'm leeroy and this is my first foray into the world of ebikes! I have to say I've enjoyed reading the many posts here and gained quite a bit of knowledge!

This is my planet X jack flash 26" with a 250w yose power front hub kit, I've had a spin around the block and it's a lot of fun, I'll only be using it for on road in the dry.

I'm just waiting for some more velcro so I can get rid of the (temporary) tie raps and hold the battery down better. I'm also waiting for a longer wolf tooth mount as I decided not to use a rivnut, maybe I should?;)
If you haven’t already done so, cover up the exposed Yellow and Red connectors to prevent water / dust / debris getting into them.

D0D321D8-DA51-42B9-AADA-363906F04831.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017 and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you haven’t already done so, cover up the exposed Yellow and Red connectors to prevent water / dust / debris getting into them.

View attachment 47079
Well spotted! I put self-amalgamating rubber tape over my unused throttle connector - it was pointing upwards and asking to get filled with rainwater.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PC2017 and DiggyGun

RoyTheBoy

Just Joined
May 22, 2022
Hi, Roy here. New to this and have never done a conversion. I have bought a TSDZ2 to convert my bicycle. Have not started yet due to health issues. Would appreciate hints tips or tricks please.

Leeroy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2022
Hi all, lol sorry for abandoning this post been too busy riding! I’ve made some changes to my bike, I’ve converted over to a youse power rear hub as I wanted to use my bike as a all weather bike as I found the front to be much better suited to summertime. I bought a raw version of the frame for £40 on sale and rebuilt it as front powered. 365054CC-945B-4315-A6FE-A6FA03BA944C.jpegA99DF2DA-8E12-4A3C-A2B4-52EE84C8D5B6.jpeg

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Land Cruisers
I use the above, there are darn good tyres, I run with slime they have good puncture protection on the side but tops are prone to a thorn or two.

Reactions: Leeroy

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
They are brilliant tires! To be honest it was a toss of the coin whether it was the Land Cruisers or the marathons. I really like the big balloony moto x tires so was debating whether to fit a set of big Apples to my commuter, can’t beat that plush ride but I’m unsure if they can handle the grotty roads in the cold and damp.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
with all tyres I watch out for wet manhole covers, slippery as...

moto x tires
The "super" from Schwalbe? yep they look fast n slippy

Reactions: Leeroy

Leeroy

Apr 20, 2022
with all tyres I watch out for wet manhole covers, slippery as...

The "super" from Schwalbe? yep they look fast n slippy
Yep the super Moto x, there actually quite grippy, I’ve never had the front wheel wash out or slip on power even on sandy roads and towpaths. I’ve never used them in the wet though.

• Informative