New here

JohnA

Just Joined
Jul 18, 2015
Hi, I've just purchased a Pro Rider e-Wayfarer to help my commute from home to train station & train station to work. Having had a few of short rides at the weekend, I find that approaching top assisted speed of 15mph, I'm having to pedal like a maniac.
Any advice on how to change the gearing - larger drive sprocket?

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi and welcome JohnA.

I'm not familiar with your bike but there are possibilities at crank and hub ends to make the kind of adjustment you want.

Perhaps one of the inveterate tinkerers who has some experience of your model will pop up and recommend the best way to deal with your issue.

Tom

D

Deleted member 4366

You need a DNP freewheel that will raise your gearing in top gear by 22%. It has a 11T top gear instead of 14T. It takes about 5 minutes to fit. You'll need a freewheel removal tool to remove your present one. The tool costs about £3.

TaidRhyl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2015
I'm new here and am trying to fill in the initial "about me" but cannot find the notepaper, like this above. I have a Bosch ebike and love it. I hate the punctures, and want advice on puncture proof tyres and the Intuvia display- which I know will display total overall mileage. I am holding back on my desire to understand getting the rear wheel off and the dreaded 7speed hub intricacies.