New here!

spree

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 1, 2021
Hi.

Ebike owner from London here!

I've been lurking around for a bit and thought I should actually introduce myself.

The real name is Julian and I currently own a Mobiky Youri 16 ebike and am going to convert a mezzo folding bike into an ebike as a project as I've seen it done a few times and think it's a great idea.

I will no doubt be asking for assistance regarding all of this so please be patient lol!

Anyway, here's a couple of shots of the Mobiky

20210302_120109.jpg20210227_101501.jpg

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
We used to have a member here who routinely extended a warm welcome to all new members... but I haven't seen him/her for a while now...

I've never heard of a "Mobiky Youri 16" or a "mezzo", so I've nothing to offer... except welcome, and good luck with your conversion!

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

Hi.

I've been lurking around for a bit and thought I should actually introduce myself.

The real name is Julian and I currently own a Mobiky Youri 16 ebike and am going to convert a mezzo folding bike into an ebike as a project as I've seen it done a few times and think it's a great idea.

I will no doubt be asking for assistance regarding all of this so please be patient lol!

View attachment 41186View attachment 41187

That looks like an interesting bike. I like folders... Tired? Hop it on the bus/train/plane/taxi! Looking forward to seeing how you convert your Mezzo!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Hi.

View attachment 41186View attachment 41187

D

Deleted member 33385

We used to have a member here who routinely extended a warm welcome to all new members... but I haven't seen him/her for a while now...

I hope that whoever that was, is ok. Pandemics are once in a lifetime events (for most), which could justify the addition of an obituary sticky thread.

spree

Jan 1, 2021
Ah thanks for the reply guys. My winge was tongue in cheek and you got that! I also really like this forum so it's shame that it seems a little quiet. I love old school forums and loathe the move to Facebook that a lot have done.

Yeah the Mobiky is certainly and interesting, rare, and cool looking bike that I'm enjoying a lot. The great thing about it is that you can wheel it about very easily when it's folded. I'm a bit obsessed with folding electric bikes right now as an ultimate expression of personal transport within our infrastructure in London at least.

The Mezzo is a better bike to ride as it's much more stable and more stable than a Brompton in fact due to the steering design and lack of hinge in the frame. Plus you can pick them up for peanuts now unlike Bromptons! I was inspired by Morphix who used to be on here and I'm also in contact with Treasuresfather (also on here) who has recently converted his Mezzo. I like the idea of having the battery and controller in a bag on the rear rack so when the bike is carried, you can remove it and spread the weight of the bike. Plus lock it up outside without the expensive and easily stolen battery on it. Not that I would leave it anywhere if I didn't have to.

I too hope the person who used to greet newcomers is OK.

• Informative
Reactions: sjpt

spree

Jan 1, 2021
This is what a Mezzo looks like BTW.

This one is my i4 that I can't convert to electric as it's a rear hub geared bike and I need to put the motor there and use the derailleur on my D9 version for gearing.

20210224_092329_2.jpg

SRM13

Just Joined
May 29, 2020
This is what a Mezzo looks like BTW.

This one is my i4 that I can't convert to electric as it's a rear hub geared bike and I need to put the motor there and use the derailleur on my D9 version for gearing.

View attachment 41331
How did it go? I have an Ori bike ( successor to mezzo) and would be interested in converting but would need to be convinced about whether conversion is appropriate and would not make the bike unduly heavy.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Hello :)

masaiman

Oct 10, 2021
Hello Spree/Julian,

A belated warm Pendelec welcome to you from a other newbie.

I think your Mobiky looks completely nuts, I fecking love it.

How you been getting on with the Mezzo?

James.

spree

Jan 1, 2021
Hello Spree/Julian,

A belated warm Pendelec welcome to you from a other newbie.

I think your Mobiky looks completely nuts, I fecking love it.

How you been getting on with the Mezzo?

James.
Hi James nice to meet you.

Yeah the mobiky gets so much attention lol. I told my wife about it and I don't think she believed me but when I started bringing it with me on school run she soon saw lol. It's just a really cool design!

As for the Mezzo...I also really love it .. My mobiky had a flat tyre due to all the broken glass on the roads these days so I'm using this right now and it's honestly great. I prefer riding it to my full size bikes which says everything really. I'm sitting in Costa with it folded under my table right now.

I'm getting some schwalbe big Apple tyres for the mobiky next as it needs a bit more suspension and some anti puncture features!

I do plan to maybe convert the mezzo to electric in the future and have been in touch with another forum member who's just done it however he's gone a bit quiet lately!