New Li-ion battery for cyclamatic

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hiya
Haven`t been on the forum for a while, been studying for further amateur radio licence.

Q. My wife has a cyclamatic power plus and a cyclamatic folder, the batteries are shot and was about to make up a 24V sealed lead acid battery for her but as you know it can lead to all sorts of problems. I notice that the suppliers are now offering Li-ion batteries for those bikes as opposed to the original Ni-Metal which weren`t that good. has anyone purchased a replacement Li-ion for those bikes or purchased one of the later bikes with the later battery and what do you reckon on the performance etc.

thanks
PS Hiya flecc, trust you are keeping well?

Dave

Reactions: mountainsport
D

Deleted member 4366

They must be old if they were ni-cads. All the ones I've seen had lithium batteries. There's no problem with lithium batteries. They all have them now.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hiya
Haven`t been on the forum for a while, been studying for further amateur radio licence.

Q. My wife has a cyclamatic power plus and a cyclamatic folder, the batteries are shot and was about to make up a 24V sealed lead acid battery for her but as you know it can lead to all sorts of problems. I notice that the suppliers are now offering Li-ion batteries for those bikes as opposed to the original Ni-Metal which weren`t that good. has anyone purchased a replacement Li-ion for those bikes or purchased one of the later bikes with the later battery and what do you reckon on the performance etc.

thanks
PS Hiya flecc, trust you are keeping well?

Dave
Like the quote:)

MS.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Not sure where I got the idea that they were Ni-Metal
(d8vch I didn`t say ni-cadsBTW)
our folders were the first that sports hq put on sale. To be honest 5 years ago batteries did seem to be more of a problem