New member with haibike rc 29

Richy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Watford
Just purchased the above bike. I'm not particularly unfit or anything, just wanted something to get me twice as far.

Well not off to a great start because I bought the bike blind and as a result the seat post is too long so I'm ordering a shorter one (having trouble getting back on the seat from the upright position). I was impatiently thinking about cutting the original down to size but changed my mind.

I've hardly used the bike because of the aforementioned issue but in the short time I have I certainly like the way it climbs hills with such ease. It's not as heavy as I envisioned. The display is easy to use, functional and illuminated for the dark. There's an intriguing walk button on the control I've yet to try.

Cons so far : The gears are terrible, maybe need to get them set up. Cheap pedals compared to those provided with my £500 mtb. Instructions appear a bit out of date. Service register is in German. I don't like how it cuts out at 15mph but I guess the battery will last ages this way.

Just need to find people to do long distance mtb rides.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Just purchased the above bike. I'm not particularly unfit or anything, just wanted something to get me twice as far.

Well not off to a great start because I bought the bike blind and as a result the seat post is too long so I'm ordering a shorter one (having trouble getting back on the seat from the upright position). I was impatiently thinking about cutting the original down to size but changed my mind.

I've hardly used the bike because of the aforementioned issue but in the short time I have I certainly like the way it climbs hills with such ease. It's not as heavy as I envisioned. The display is easy to use, functional and illuminated for the dark. There's an intriguing walk button on the control I've yet to try.

Cons so far : The gears are terrible, maybe need to get them set up. Cheap pedals compared to those provided with my £500 mtb. Instructions appear a bit out of date. Service register is in German. I don't like how it cuts out at 15mph but I guess the battery will last ages this way.

Just need to find people to do long distance mtb rides.
Get a Dongle. Here

Richy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Watford
Seat height sorted, gears loosened up (I was wrong there) and my god this bike is good. Even on the crappy trail I have here its so much fun.