Dave2951

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 29, 2017
staffordshire
Hello in my search for which Ebike to purchase came across this site must say appears excellent.I am looking to purchase within the next week as off to France in 2 weeks where I know I will need a cycle. Sold my old manual cycle some months ago as now have trouble with my joints.
Over the past 3 weeks have visited various Dealers in my area and in most cases have got to say very disapointed as they advertise what they do not have in stock. I have managed to test ride a EMU stepthrough and a Scott Esub Tour. Totally different price ranges and came to the conclusion want to spend no more than £1200. At home I will want to use the bike and it is very hilly.
I have attempted to draw up a short list which are as follows.
EMU Step through.
Pulse ZL-2
Wisper 705 SE Step-Through
Although having only test ridden the first.
The other issue i will also need to cover is do these EBikes go onto Fiamma cycle racks like the manual bikes or are there issues.
I am not mechanically inclined so would be unsure about purchasing by mail order feel i need a Dealer to return with any problems. I am 510 tall 16 stone.Any help would be appreciated.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Hello in my search for which Ebike to purchase came across this site must say appears excellent.I am looking to purchase within the next week as off to France in 2 weeks where I know I will need a cycle. Sold my old manual cycle some months ago as now have trouble with my joints.
Over the past 3 weeks have visited various Dealers in my area and in most cases have got to say very disapointed as they advertise what they do not have in stock. I have managed to test ride a EMU stepthrough and a Scott Esub Tour. Totally different price ranges and came to the conclusion want to spend no more than £1200. At home I will want to use the bike and it is very hilly.
I have attempted to draw up a short list which are as follows.
EMU Step through.
Pulse ZL-2
Wisper 705 SE Step-Through
Although having only test ridden the first.
The other issue i will also need to cover is do these EBikes go onto Fiamma cycle racks like the manual bikes or are there issues.
I am not mechanically inclined so would be unsure about purchasing by mail order feel i need a Dealer to return with any problems. I am 510 tall 16 stone.Any help would be appreciated.
You are doing it right by test riding before you buy. However, your expectations of a dealer having all models they can provide is unrealistic and unreasonable. Look at all the the different models in the just the Haibike line alone. The dealer that carries them could get you what you want but how big a store would you need to carry them all. Many dealers support multiple lines from multiple brands. Finding one that would have them all would be formidable task.

Reactions: JuicyBike

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Dave, it's a huge problem. Dealer's often advertise brands they don't stock in a effort to get people through their doors in order to try and sell what they have in stock regardless of brand.

We are currently having a shake out and are taking dealers off our site that don't have a basic selection of Wispers available to test ride.

If you would let me know where you are I will let you have the details of a good reliable dealer as close to you as possible.

All the best, David

Reactions: JuicyBike

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Dave
You'd be very welcome to bring your vehicle to both test ride our bikes and also check they fit your rack. We have a shop in Ashbourne (South Peak District) open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and can also show you Raleighs and Wispers in New Mills (North Peak District), which is open Mondays to Saturdays.

Dave2951

May 29, 2017
staffordshire
Hi Dave, it's a huge problem. Dealer's often advertise brands they don't stock in a effort to get people through their doors in order to try and sell what they have in stock regardless of brand.

We are currently having a shake out and are taking dealers off our site that don't have a basic selection of Wispers available to test ride.

If you would let me know where you are I will let you have the details of a good reliable dealer as close to you as possible.

All the best, David

Dave2951

May 29, 2017
staffordshire
Thanks for the reply I believe my closes Dealer is Swinnertons Fenton. I have emailed them asking if they have the Bike I am interested about in the Shop to view and am awaiting a reply. Could not agree more with your thoughts on Dealers not stocking what they claim to sell. My Post Code is ST6 should you have any other Dealers close.

Last edited:

Dave2951

May 29, 2017
staffordshire
Have you had a look at Juicy? Not sure how far from you they are, they're in the peak district.
https://www.juicybike.co.uk/
I like the Juicy and perhaps it was just my bad luck or picked the wrong day. I travelled 12 miles to Buxton to view/Test only to be met with the Assistant telling me she knows nothing about Bikes. ( I have since been informed she was a Temp) She then told me to go to the New Mills shop assuring me it was open, (another 18 miles return) when it was closed. Do like the bike though.

• :D
Reactions: Rouge Rider

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks for the reply I believe my closes Dealer is Swinnertons Fenton. I have emailed them asking if they have the Bike I am interested about in the Shop to view and am awaiting a reply. Could not agree more with your thoughts on Dealers not stocking what they claim to sell. My Post Code is ST6 should you have any other Dealers close.
Swinnertons and Juicy are both great dealers. Both will look after you. It's always best to make contact before you visit.

All the best, David

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I like the Juicy and perhaps it was just my bad luck or picked the wrong day. I travelled 12 miles to Buxton to view/Test only to be met with the Assistant telling me she knows nothing about Bikes. ( I have since been informed she was a Temp) She then told me to go to the New Mills shop assuring me it was open, (another 18 miles return) when it was closed. Do like the bike though.
Yes, a very embarrassing day for us Dave (Sunday?) and I think we emailed you about it, apologizing for the very poor service you had that day.
The Buxton shop is now being managed by its new owner and is quickly coming up to speed with our usual level of service.
As others will know, that shop (Eco Republic) also sells a range of eco-lifestyle and Fairtraid goods and gifts - a unique shop and the place where Juicy Bikes were born, ten years ago.
Now Juicy is a separate business in its own right, supplying 60+ retailers around the UK.
We're very fond of Eco Republic and recently undertook training sessions with the new staff team now working there. I call in myself from time to time (I live in Buxton) and the Juicy Bike team are always close to hand, Mondays to Saturdays.

Dave2951

May 29, 2017
staffordshire
Yes, a very embarrassing day for us Dave (Sunday?) and I think we emailed you about it, apologizing for the very poor service you had that day.
The Buxton shop is now being managed by its new owner and is quickly coming up to speed with our usual level of service.
As others will know, that shop (Eco Republic) also sells a range of eco-lifestyle and Fairtraid goods and gifts - a unique shop and the place where Juicy Bikes were born, ten years ago.
Now Juicy is a separate business in its own right, supplying 60+ retailers around the UK.
We're very fond of Eco Republic and recently undertook training sessions with the new staff team now working there. I call in myself from time to time (I live in Buxton) and the Juicy Bike team are always close to hand, Mondays to Saturdays.
Bob
Thanks for that having again failed with another Dealer to obtain a Test Ride will probably attempt to visit this week maybe Friday.
Dave

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Bob
Thanks for that having again failed with another Dealer to obtain a Test Ride will probably attempt to visit this week maybe Friday.
Dave
Let me know where Dave, and when, and I'll do my best to attend. I currently split my week between New Mills, office and Ashbourne. This weekend though I will be at a Green Festival demonstrating bikes in Belper.

Dave2951

May 29, 2017
staffordshire
Let me know where Dave, and when, and I'll do my best to attend. I currently split my week between New Mills, office and Ashbourne. This weekend though I will be at a Green Festival demonstrating bikes in Belper.[/QUThanks for that as of yet looks like Saturday but i am sure your staff can assist me.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Excellent. Thank you for your patience with us. Any feedback gratefully received and I hope you've found a good friend in the Classic. Thanks for your purchase.

Dave2951

May 29, 2017
staffordshire
Excellent. Thank you for your patience with us. Any feedback gratefully received and I hope you've found a good friend in the Classic. Thanks for your purchase.
Bob Collected my Bike yesterday from your premises was met by Sarah who yet again went that extra mile with customer service. Bike ready one day before delivery date and a big thanks for the Panniers. Have only mamaged a ride up the bank outside our house but got to say really pleased and will complete a full review when i return from holiday.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Bob Collected my Bike yesterday from your premises was met by Sarah who yet again went that extra mile with customer service. Bike ready one day before delivery date and a big thanks for the Panniers. Have only mamaged a ride up the bank outside our house but got to say really pleased and will complete a full review when i return from holiday.
As you should have found us first time 'round. Thanks again for your purchase (and patience!)