New mountain e-bike advice

Bonky

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2019
I have an e-road bike (Cannondale neoSynpase2) , but I also fancy an e-mtn bike and would like some advice as to what to buy/research. I'm 73 and weigh 94kg; I would not want anything too 'technical' -my days of skiing black and red runs are over. I just need something that would be adequate for bumpy mountain trails -and must be 'comfortable'. What would really swing it for me is that I could use the same battery as on my Cannondale. Any ideas/advice gratefully received.
Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you wont be able to use the batt with anything else as imo it uses can bus and a locked system.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I have an e-road bike (Cannondale neoSynpase2) , but I also fancy an e-mtn bike and would like some advice as to what to buy/research. I'm 73 and weigh 94kg; I would not want anything too 'technical' -my days of skiing black and red runs are over. I just need something that would be adequate for bumpy mountain trails -and must be 'comfortable'. What would really swing it for me is that I could use the same battery as on my Cannondale. Any ideas/advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Does your Cannondale use a Bosch Powertube 500w battery? If so, that'll fit other Bosch Powertube
500w bikes. Try looking at the Cube e-MTBs

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can also get a adaptor so a 500w batt will fit a 650w frame ;) thought it was there old hub motor lol