New pannier rack needed to hold my electric bikes battery

UA17

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2013
I ordered this e bike kit from alibaba:

Diy Ebike Kit - Buy Diy Ebike Kit,Electric Bike Motor Kits,Electric Bicycle Kit 24v 500w Product on Alibaba.com

I now need a new rack because the kit did not come with anything to hold the battery securely emplace therefore the battery shakes alot when I ride me my electric bike, currently I am holding everything together with bungie ties however I want a more permanent solution. Anyone know where I can get a new pannier rack to hold my electric bikes battery?

Regards

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Surely you can modify, 'pack out' your existing battery/pannier to secure it instead of Bungee's ?

Or DIY something ??

D

Deleted member 4366

Surely you can modify, 'pack out' your existing battery/pannier to secure it instead of Bungee's ?

Or DIY something ??
Like all these rack batteries, it rattles up and down a bit in the rack. There's no keeper plate for the lock. The lock just locks in air, so there's nothing to stop the battery sliding out backwards when you go up a slope. It needs someone to fabricate a keeper plate out of 5mm alloy plate or similar.

UA17

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2013
I am not very good at diy bilabonic that's why I was wondering if there was anyone on this forum that would be able to do it for me?

Regards

bigroy

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2011
Fife Scotland
I just sent a pm with my phone number give me a bell and I will see what I have in my workshop.

D

Deleted member 4366

rack.jpg

Christian
If you could make one out of cardboard or thick paper, anybody could copy it in metal, but we need the exact hole positions.

Use a marker pen to mark on the rack where those two lower bolts are, then remove them. Cut a hole on a piece of cardboard the size of the lock bolt. Put the battery in the rack with the piece of cardboard in place and mark where the two bolts would go. You need to be exact. Then you can reassemble the lower bolts. For those that haven''t seen it, this is something like what we're aiming at unless has a better idea.