New person

Triton Kid

Just Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Northumberland
Hello, I have just bought a Heinzmann Conversion Giant Hybrid. It may be , like me , it's a bit long in the tooth but I see interesting times ahead. I will be pleased to be back on the road after a 3 year lay off due to a list of health concerns as long as your arm. Really looking forward to the new adventures this bike will bring. Triton Kid

Reactions: Sarabee

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome health issues got a lot of us in here to begin.
But we mostly love the feeling of ebikes.

davecoast

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2017
Ayrshire
Hello, I have just bought a Heinzmann Conversion Giant Hybrid. It may be , like me , it's a bit long in the tooth but I see interesting times ahead. I will be pleased to be back on the road after a 3 year lay off due to a list of health concerns as long as your arm. Really looking forward to the new adventures this bike will bring. Triton Kid

Hello Triton Kid,

I'm new to the forum myself, and just deliberating on my first e-bike purchase. Glad to hear you're on your bike again and with the clocks changing in a couple of weeks we'll all have more daylight to enjoy, and hopefully some better weather too!

Maybe you could tell us more about your bike or even post a picture.

Happy pedalling!

Triton Kid

Just Joined
Mar 11, 2017
Northumberland
Hello All
My latest bike started life as a Giant Hybrid, 27 gears, Acer front and rear mecs with twist grip shifters. These will be changed for Deore shifters which I prefer. Brake levers are not nice Deore items. They too need changing. Forks are rigid. The motor bit is a front wheel Heinzmann 500w ( needs cleaning so I may have misread)with a 36v battery pack on the rear carrier. I suspect that the unit is about 12 years old. It had new batteries about 5 years ago.
If left connected and switched on over night the battery appears to discharge. There is I suspect a couple of pleasant days sorting before undertaking any serious outings. Hope springs eternal!

davecoast

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2017
Ayrshire
Well if you need any help with anything there are plenty of knowledgeable people here that will assist you. Hopefully you'll have her up and running nicely soon.

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
Yes Sarabee, but you'll be keeping yourself healthy whilst enjoying it.
Just over one week cycling and I can walk the dog quite a lot further (with mi Granny stick) and played table tennis without any pain this weekend. I know it will never be perfect but it should be a lot better :)

Reactions: D8ve