NEW - Tapered Straight Inner Tubes

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
We've had threads about this before and a few members had good experiences, many had failures. For me I've found the liquid just continues to ooze out the puncture, failing to set in time. That's with different brands tried.

Trouble is the sticky mess that spreads over the tube then makes patching nearly impossible, so for me it's never again.

Fine on cars though as you say, works well with tubeless and thicker section rubber.
I had fun after using slime in a motorbike rear tyre, it took a while to set and the rotating wheel turned everything in range bright green!

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
I remember a thread about them while back and I got the impression the jury was out - as you say it works for some but not others.

I think it would depend on the puncture but I would be inclined to partially inflate the tyre (if possible) to create some resistance between tube and tyre so if any goo does escape it would (hopefully) create a seal, wait a bit and see if it is possible to up the tyre pressure (if the can of goo hasn't done that already).

Replacing the inner tube afterwards is a given - after running a set of Conti Top Contacts for 4 weeks and getting more punctures than I can remember I am happy to try anything that saves me repairing a puncture in the rain :)

It's all academic for me at the moment - it is in the panier just incase. I will be sure to report my findings if it comes to that!