New to the forum

MrOmegaMan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2015
UK
Hi,

I'm forum the N.Wales, UK.

Came across the website while looking for a battery cycle just for leisure purposes.

Hopefully with the help of the members of the forum i can find a decent ecycle first time round :)

Budget is flexible but id say £700 absolute maximum.

Thanks

MrOmegaMan

Aug 8, 2015
UK
Should add i'm in a fairly hilly area some are pretty big and long. But i don't always use those roads anyway. Would be nice to know the bike could take it though.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

MrOmegaMan

Aug 8, 2015
UK

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D

Deleted member 4366

The biggest factor that affects how much climbing power you need is your own weight. If you tell us what it is, we can make some suitable recommendations.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Budget is flexible but id say £700 absolute maximum.
At £700, you might be best suited by attaching a kit to a suitable bike you already own or one you can purchase cheaply. (not difficult)

Second-hand can be a good option and there may be some available from the big dealers or the classifieds on this site.

The most important thing though is to take a day out and visit one or two places with EAPC stockists. Bristol might be a good starting point in your case? That way, you can get a feel for a bike on a test ride and buying something that is (1) comfortable for you and (2) capable of providing enough assistance to your pedalling over the kind of terrain you will be riding.

On a limited budget, it really is important to try and get it right first time. What you don't need is to blow your budget only to find within weeks that your choice doesn't quite do what you want it to do and then you start thinking about laying out more money on something better.

A lot of people make the mistake of buying a bike completely unsuited to the kind of riding they will mostly do. For example, (although you state it would be for leisure use), will you want weather protection? Will you want to carry goods, shopping or anything else? These issues are not to be sniffed at as if you don't have mudguards and a rear carrier, you may need to spend more of your hard-earned if you buy a 'naked' bicycle then decide you want to use it whatever the weather. Moreover, good rainproof clothing don't come cheap.

While there are always some apparent bargains at the budget end of the market, those machines may not necessarily be well-built or reliable. That reliability, (or lack of), may stretch to the seller too and it's worth mentioning the old adage, 'You buy cheap; you buy twice!'

Also worth mentioning is the fact that for not a great deal more than your stated maximum budget, there are companies selling EAPCs whose owners contribute to these pages with models to suit most needs. These sellers are noted for their after-sales service and warranty provisions as well as keen prices, so you may wish to further examine your options for the sake of getting the right bike first time with the reassurance of a good guarantee from a seller, highly regarded by most users of this forum.

To that end, though you may already be aware, I would point you in the direction of Cyclezee, Kudos, Whoosh and Juicy. There are others but these four all supply pretty solid machines at a variety of price points.

Best of luck!

Tom

C

Cyclezee

:oops: just realised that I committed the cardinal sin of promoting bikes that we sell in the Introduction Section, so have removed any reference to them before I get hauled over the coals:eek:

MrOmegaMan, if you go to this section of the forum http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/buy/find-an-electric-bike-for-sale/ you will find several bikes within your budget, non of which are sold by us.
All you need to do is the RRP limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
There is an auction e-bike on our e-bay shop (look for Rally Design) that may do your job. This bike was the prototype for our Kudos Eiger,currently at bid £560.00. There is about 7 hours left on the bidding.
If you are tallish there will be another in the next few days,which is a Kudos Escape bike but fitted with a TCM crank drive motor,it is likely to sell for similar price.
Maybe either of these bikes will suit.
Good luck
Kudos Dave