New Volt metro owner and hello

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
Having 3 years of returning to cycling using a ridgeback folding bike which then broke on me, I decided to go electric mainly to help with hills and now a proud owner of a volt metro folding bike. After riding it for a week impression are it goes great up hill, my Studio is at the top of a steep hill, I am a music teacher visiting students at their home and lewisham is full of hills. The bike is solidly built, front brake is disk and V on the back wheel. It's heavier than my ridgeback I suspect even without the battery though you can peddle ok on the flat without pedal assist. It comes with an odometer, speed wise have got it to 15k so far with throttle full on, its a thumb throtle rather than a twist. There are 5 levels of pedal assist and has 8 gears which are nice and smooth. It also comes with a 2 year warranty which also includes the battery which was the deciding factor over some others e bikes I looked at, Juciy and Whoosh please take note! Price was £999
bike thanks to Lyle at Volts London bridge shop for letting me have a test ride and even delivering it free of charge.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That looks sound and well equipped. These small wheel bikes have a mechanical climb advantage so I'm not surprised you are happy with the hill climbing. The prices for a spare battery at £180 and charger at £35 are also very good, well below the market average.

I trust you meant 15 mph and not 15k, it wouldn't last long at 15,000 mph! ;)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Welcome Twangman

You will definitely enjoy your stay at our luxurious 5* Pedelecs Electric Bike Community Website Hotel.
We start early long before breakfast is being served.

Mountainsport

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
That looks sound and well equipped. These small wheel bikes have a mechanical climb advantage so I'm not surprised you are happy with the hill climbing. The prices for a spare battery at £180 and charger at £35 are also very good, well below the market average.

I trust you meant 15 mph and not 15k, it wouldn't last long at 15,000 mph! ;)
Doh yes meant miles, odometer is in kilometres only so I have an excuse!

Cricket

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2013
Having 3 years of returning to cycling using a ridgeback folding bike which then broke on me, I decided to go electric mainly to help with hills and now a proud owner of a volt metro folding bike. After riding it for a week impression are it goes great up hill, my Studio is at the top of a steep hill, I am a music teacher visiting students at their home and lewisham is full of hills. The bike is solidly built, front brake is disk and V on the back wheel. It's heavier than my ridgeback I suspect even without the battery though you can peddle ok on the flat without pedal assist. It comes with an odometer, speed wise have got it to 15k so far with throttle full on, its a thumb throtle rather than a twist. There are 5 levels of pedal assist and has 8 gears which are nice and smooth. It also comes with a 2 year warranty which also includes the battery which was the deciding factor over some others e bikes I looked at, Juciy and Whoosh please take note! Price was £999
bike thanks to Lyle at Volts London bridge shop for letting me have a test ride and even delivering it free of charge.
Hello Twangman,

Just wondering if you are still happy with your Volt Metro a year later?

I'm looking at this bike (amongst others) and would love to hear how you have got on with it.

Thanks, Cricket