New Wisper 905 SE Owner

Normsthename

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2016
Leicester, UK
Hi
Just joined the forum and I have ordered a new Wisper 905 SE Ebike, I will be collecting the bike this Weekend.
I am 54 years old and not that fit or lightweight (100 kg...) so I bought the Ebike in the hope that with the help of the electric motor it will get me out and about and also a little bit fitter.
I have ordered the bike with the Larger Capacity 575Wh battery, not sure if I did the right thing there but thought the extra capacity wouldnt hurt!
I will be using the bike mainly for Leisure at the Weekend but might use it to travel to work and back.
I have a huge 8 Mile ride home (for me!) when I collect the Ebike.
If I get home after that distance than that willl prove the merit of an Ebike! :D
Really looking forward to collecting the Bike

Andy

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Andy,

Thanks for investing in a Wisper!

I hope you have a great ride home tomorrow. Please let us know how you got on.

All the best, David

PS the 575Wh battery will make a big difference, good choice.

Reactions: LeighPing

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
Hello! I've just (today) bought a Wisper, too - looking forward to bringing it home soon although riding it is not real an option for me (the shop is over 100 miles away!). Hope you have lots of fun with yours, looks like we might be blessed with the sort of weather that encourages you out for a while!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
All things considered The bigger battery is a good idea.
The ride home should be a 40 minute revelation, followed by a quick trip to the shops and a little run out for....
Enjoy

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hello and wcome to the forum. I bought a wisper 806 torque a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love it. Great fun. You still have to work, but you know that if you get into trouble or need the extra umph, it will ne there for you. Oh and you.will have a silly grin all over you're face.

Let us know how you get on.

Normsthename

Jul 17, 2016
Leicester, UK
Very disappointed........
Ordered the bike last Saturday and was due to collect a week later (Saturday)
Rang the shop this morning to see if everything was ready and was told the bike had not arrived yet.
No telephone call, no updates, nothing.
Very disappointed...

Andy

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Very disappointed........
Ordered the bike last Saturday and was due to collect a week later (Saturday)
Rang the shop this morning to see if everything was ready and was told the bike had not arrived yet.
No telephone call, no updates, nothing.
Very disappointed...

Andy
How disappointing Andy.

Who did you buy it through?

May I chase it up for you?

All the best, David

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

Normsthename

Jul 17, 2016
Leicester, UK
Hi David
I ordered the bike through Ebikes Leicester, Granby Steet.
Very disappointed that the bike was not ready.
Even more annoyed that there was no correspondence at all from the shop.
I work a lot of unusual hours and had arranged this Saturday to collect the bike so more annoyance!

Andy

• Agree
Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

Normsthename

Jul 17, 2016
Leicester, UK
Finally collected the Ebike today and it was worth the wait!
Rode the bike home 7.7 miles in 35 minutes and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get off the bike to push it up an hill once!
Still need to pedal up the hills and that builds a sweat up, but it is just what I wanted to improve my current lowly level of fitness.
After a short rest I ventured back out into the countryside.
When I got home I had done a total of 18.3 Miles today!
Cannot remember ever going that far on a bike even when I was a lot younger and fitter!
Battery was still showing 4 bars out of 5 bars so I guess a safe range would be in the order of 45 miles.
I have been told by the shop that the battery needs running from full to flat three times to condition it, I thought the latest Lithium batteries didn't require that any longer, but I will do it just to be on the safe side.
Looking forward to the Weekend! :D

Andy

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Andy,

I am delighted that you have received your bike now and that you are enjoying it. Please accept our apologies for the delay, we are absolutely flat out at the moment. Thank you for investing in a Wisper!

The new 575Wh Wisper battery has all the very latest software with Samsung cells, you don't need to run it flat and fully charge a few times it to get the best from it.

My only recommendation is to recharge the battery every time you come home from a ride. This way you always have a "full tank" and should you have to leave the bike for any length of time up to six months with out a recharge it will be perfectly safe.

All the best and have fun! David