New wisper 905 torque a few easy questions

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
So I finally got the 905 torque and first ride last night felt good I haven't had any other ebike to compare against

Anyway I was offered some panniers when I bought the bike that seemed to fit OK but these had a "freego electric bike " emblazoned down the side which I didn't fancy

Anyone know for sure of other makes panniers that are a good fit

More of a general question I have the 575kw battery and plan on using level assist 1 only if at all only 1 decent hill on the commute home

My commute is 10 miles each way 3 miles of which will be towing my 2 year old in a burley bee trailer would i be wise to charge after each journey or once a night or every two nights

I plan on doing a more long term review if any one is interested with weekly/monthly updates mileage covered issue arising etc

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Hi Malcom,
Don't know the bike specifically, but a new 575wh battery should be well capable of a 20 mile round journey, even towing your son. Of course wind and your own stamina will make a difference on any one day. I would charge at the end of each day.
As the battery ages you may have to watch the range a bit more, but by then you'll have the measure of it.
Enjoy your bike and welcome to the e bike grin:D

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
First commute today was great bike felt nice

I am right in thinking that if the speed is above 15.5 mph I am not using any battery power at all

I am using it on assist level 1 ATM

Just need to source some decent /cheap panniers might try halfords

D

Deleted member 4366

You get more power by keeping the battery topped up after each ride, but if you only use level 1, that wouldn't be noticeable.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am right in thinking that if the speed is above 15.5 mph I am not using any battery power at all
you should feel the motor cutting out, it is a bit like hitting treacle at first but you'd soon get used to it.

• Agree
D

Deleted member 4366

On some bikes it's very difficult to feel the cut-off point. Normally, you can hear the motor, but that Wisper is silent at 15 mph. My bike is also silent at that speed, but I have a power meter on the LCD. The only way I know if the motor is still going is by reading the power from the meter. Unfortunately, your LCD doesn't show power.

• Agree

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Well home from first commute home work and back again

Bike performed flawless
Total mileage for today 25 miles battery still reading full

Did feel the cut off about 15.5mph it was kind of strange at first going up a slight incline my speed keep fluctuating around 15.5 so could feel the motor kick and drop each time

Another commute tommorow (yes I work Sundays ) then tomorrow night it's the 2 year olds first tow in the trailer I suspect it will be like trying to get a cat Into a bath of water

I've sent you a pm David with my address

Thank you everyone

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Generally I'm quite active I work in a timber yard so do a lot of walking carrying wood etc .

Downside is I have a bit of timber around my waist that I would like to get rid off

My aim with this is to use the assist
A)when I completely knackered
B) up that hill on the way home

Rest of the time my ride is flat with a few gradual inclines

It's a pity the wisper doesn't have a more advanced display to show when you are on the motor maybe a little symbol appearing and would be nice it was more of a trip computer as well giving average speed etc etc

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
It's a pity the wisper doesn't have a more advanced display to show when you are on the motor maybe a little symbol appearing and would be nice it was more of a trip computer as well giving average speed etc etc
Both my bikes have decent displays, a lot of time wish I could turn them off as find them distracting.