New Woosh Rambletta Walk Around

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The new batch of Rambletta 2021 has some improvements.
Hatti details them in this video.
Hope you like it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No need to keep deleting posts as it is relevant to the thread and the bike. When posters like me post a reply it often makes the reply senseless in comparison to the thread. It is better to leave the previous post it was in reply to to keep the thread continuity going, one can always cut and paste the same info to a new thread another time which isn't a problem.

Reactions: Grebacwhite

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
some new pictures:

throttle:

suspension fork:

8-speed revoshift*:

saddle:

Luggage rack:

*8-speed, not 9-speed.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
Do you mean 8 speed Revoshift?

Really liking the photos!
With the bikes being delivered, which courier do you use? Do they give you a 1 or 2 hour etc delivery slot on the day?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Do you mean 8 speed Revoshift?
yes, you are right. It's 8-speed.
Previously, the Rambletta had 7-speed Tourney shifter.
Thank you for pointing that out.

With the bikes being delivered, which courier do you use? Do they give you a 1 or 2 hour etc delivery slot on the day?
The courier is Tuffnells.
You can track the parcel from their website.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
That looks a good package. Should sell really well!

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Just a word on the delivery team at tuffnells running a great courier service, yes kept up to date with arrival slot , and the package is handled with great care. No problems recommending them as a bike courier company.

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
That shredder in the background in your video has a sign 'post'. Is that all the post, or just the bills?!* Other than that, very helpful. Good bike.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That shredder in the background in your video has a sign 'post'. Is that all the post, or just the bills?!*
You may have also noticed the white Clover terminal, on the worktop 2ft above it, on the right side of the printer. Hatti uses the shredder to shred her hand written order forms after putting them through the Clover (Natwest Tyl) terminal.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

dawesfox

Just Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Really like the look of the Rambletta...but for me there’s a potential problem. I’m nearly 6ft tall, which isn’t a problem with the new seat post, but the currently quoted maximum rider weight is 17 stone which is a problem given that I weigh closer to 19 stone especially when wearing a heavy outdoor jacket. Has the Rambletta been tested with taller/heavier riders with the new seat post, especially given that in my experience it’s the seat post quick release that can be problematic with folding bikes and heavier riders?

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
Really like the look of the Rambletta...but for me there’s a potential problem. I’m nearly 6ft tall, which isn’t a problem with the new seat post, but the currently quoted maximum rider weight is 17 stone which is a problem given that I weigh closer to 19 stone especially when wearing a heavy outdoor jacket. Has the Rambletta been tested with taller/heavier riders with the new seat post, especially given that in my experience it’s the seat post quick release that can be problematic with folding bikes and heavier riders?
Worth giving Woosh a call, as I found there were a few incorrect bits of information on the Rambletta which I only found out speaking directly to Hatti when placing my order a few weeks ago.
I weigh 14 stone plus my gear and rucksack, no worries on the bike handling that weight. And it's a brilliant bike for the money, if it's ok for 19 stone, then I'd go for it!

Reactions: dawesfox

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Nice looking bike and seems to have some decent components. Personally I wouldn't want a bike with a suspension fork but that is the only thing I don't like about it.

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
Nice looking bike and seems to have some decent components. Personally I wouldn't want a bike with a suspension fork but that is the only thing I don't like about it.
Tbh I can't tell if it's doing anything at all, it's sprung so hard, has little travel, and with the upright riding position it's kinda pointless imo. Much better is the suspension seat post. In time I'll look to buying a decent one as it's proven it's a worthwhile addition to the bike.
I do love my Rambletta, even battery range is proving acceptable, I'm getting low to mid 30's before needing to charge it, with the battery indicator still showing 2 bars at this point.

Reactions: Bonzo Banana

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
My first recharge was at around 30ish miles done, when it was down to 2 bars.
Surprisingly enough, my average trip speed hasn't gone up that much compared to my push bike, an extra mile or two/ hour, yet I can see on the meter I'm often hitting higher - must be the stop/start nature of the journeys I take to work and hasn't cut the journey time that much but certainly takes the huff and puff out of riding and makes it more enjoyable. Maybe I'm fitter than I thought on the flat but I struggled with the push bike on hilly parts and the new ability to get up to speed from a standing start at least gives one more confidence.
Over bumps, it's an improvement compared to my Carrera subway pushbike (which had no suspension) - not sure if its the fork or the seatpost that's helping most.
Another slight intermittent regular rubbing sound - not the brakes this time - when pedalling - either the cranks or possibly the chain ?
I thought it might be the plastic chain guard that had slipped position and was rubbing the chain, so I've tightened one of the screws but it still occurs on and off.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A speed controller imho a pain in the ar**, to get to the cut out legal speed one has to use max assist which means more current hence the range reduction.

With my current control KT controller I can leave the assist in PAS 1 and get the max speed I set the limit too ( I set it to 16.7mph) under the max allowed of +10% discrepancy, though no one is ever going to get pulled for doing up to 20 mph.
In PAS 1 I can max out the range using minimal watts/current and simply use the wh better for longer rides, power can be simply asked for if a hill is encountered or I just blip the throttle. With current control one can ride to the max speed in any PAS level but dictate the power/current usage so much better.

As you say you can achieve about 38miles with 20% remaining which is good but for this I guess you are in PAS 1 with a max 8mph limit. My current control system is of a similar range but at twice the speed for a touring/day out ride of 160km.

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
Yes I've taken to riding in a lower mode and balancing the motor assist with the variable throttle to keep speed with my partner when we both ride out electric bikes as they are slightly different in their power assist.

I did actually delete the post I wrote as I thought better to put it in my review when I write one on the Rambletta as it'll be more appropriate than posting them stats and figures on someone else's post and then double posting in my own later on.